close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Single Stage Reloader

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by beaversgs, Aug 16, 2004.

1. beaversgs

beaversgs

I'm considering buying a revolver for IDPA and wanting to start reloading. Can anyone recommend a good single stage reloader and @what it would cost to get started. I'm never done this before, so I want to start simple and safe.

GregB

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn

I would think that this would get more views and replies if it were in the Reloading forum.
    Unfortunatly, I do not reload at this time so I have no other information for you

ryan

3. RandyM

RandyM CLM

I have had several reloaders, RCBS single, RCBS piggy back, Dillon 1050, Dillon 550. I would suggest to go with the dillon 550 progressive, the company is top notch for service, warranty, customer assistance. If you are shooting any competition, you will shooting up quite a few rounds in practice, and the time savings on a single vs. the progressive is worth your time and the extra cost of equipment.
    Also with the 550, once your dies are set/adjusted they stay that way because you can remove the toolhead, with your single, everytime you change steps (resize, mouth bell, seating, crimping) you will need to remove and reset your dies. I use RCBS dies in my 550, I do my seating and crimping at two different stations.
    I still have a single stage for my hunting rifle loads.
    My two cents.

4. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

Starter set?
    RCBS Rockchucker and a cheap set of Lee carbide dies.
    See if you like it before you get in too deep.
    Then, if you want to go high speed later, go Dillon.
    You'd be surprised how convenient it is to have that single stage on your bench even if you have a progressive.