Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm new to 10mm have a 20. Used to have a xd 40 subcompact. But love the ballistics of the 10. I'm holding out for a single stack 10mm from glock. I want the 29sf bad but I want a single stack more. So if glock wants my business they need to get that single stack moving

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
Working on it brah... just give us a couple hrs.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
For years I felt the same way about the SIG 226. It was my primary ski pistol and I wanted the flatter 220. Kept mulling over the downsides of the doublestack magazine and the extra bulk. Mountain backcountry skiing is like that, it is so physically demanding that every ounce of gear gets critiqued over and over...

My thoughts led me to the Glock 20 years ago, but I never bought one. Too bulky says I. I'll wait for a single-stack mag there, too.

Then for variety of reasons I altered all my pistol plans and got rid of my SIG's and just held my nose and jumped in.

In spite of all the warnings of how monstrous the G20 is, I just bought a regular frame G20, forget the SF version even.

Well?

I've now been messing with this thing for a few days now and just finished the holster for it and man was I wrong.

Why didn't I buy one 20 years ago?

What a dandy piece of equipment it is.

Want a smaller version?

Get a 29.

But if you are going to hold out for a SS mag 10 By Glock, I think you will never own a 10.

If you need the power of a 10 for field or otherwise use, buy a 20, 20SF or 29 and just see if I'm telling you the truth; you will forget all those sound reasons you have for demanding a single stack version.

I do wish you well.

PS: I bet a dozen donuts in a few months you will be posting pics of your new Glock 20. Or if you are a stubborn knucklehead like me it might a little longer. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I bought Glock 20 it seemed very bulky to my hands, especially comparing with G17 that I was used to pretty well for last few years.
But nowadays? Vice versa. G17 feels somehow tiny and on the range, when I switch from G20/10mm to G17/9mm feels like shooting .22lr. Beside that my palms and fingers didn't grow up at all. :supergrin:

·
In The Saddle
8,377 Posts
I would truly like to see a G23/G36 size single stack 10mm. I would buy that in a heart beat.

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I've been saying this for awhile. However I gave up and now I love my 29sf.
I've gotten used to carrying the 29 and like the capacity of it. BTW, I think single stack 10mm's can be had, just not Glock.
I'm now wanting a 10mm in a 34/35 format!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
What shade of blue are you going to turn into from waiting for Glock to release a SS 10mm?

Want a SS 10mm in your lifetime? Kimber Eclipse or Colt Delta Elite. or maybe an STI Perfect 10. DW stopped making them. Too bad.

Have a nice wait though.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Ok I'm new to 10mm have a 20. Used to have a xd 40 subcompact. But love the ballistics of the 10. I'm holding out for a single stack 10mm from glock. I want the 29sf bad but I want a single stack more. So if glock wants my business they need to get that single stack moving
Glock has already announced a single stack 10mm. Sorry, I don't have a link, it's the next gun they'll release after their carbine hits the market.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love my G20 but when i need to carry a single stack because it conceals better i have to carry my ruger P345.:dunno:

·
F.S.F.O.S.
4,262 Posts
I have owned TWO different G29's (standard frame) and I can tell you from when I've handled the G29 (SHORT FRAME) ... the SF version is NOTICEABLY smaller. I figure, I've already sold two different G29's off so I won't buy another... but I would actually consider getting an SF version.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts