Single Point IWB Holster Quest...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sredish, Dec 30, 2009.

1. sredish

sredish

Was thinking about getting a smaller IWB holster for my 26... was looking at a smaller one with a single point but can't help to think that it won't be near as stable and move around more.

what's the experience with these in regards to this and drawing/reholstering and moving around, for instance the Galco one?

[​IMG]

2. pens-66

pens-66

I would suggest the Comp-Tac Infidel holster. I usually have one for any carry gun that I have. I wear it when I know I'm going to have to remove the gun multiple times throughout the day. It is sturdy and pretty stable because the belt clip is wider than most...plus you can add attachments to make it even more stable if you want to.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

3. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

that particular one in the pic i "think" is nothing more than cowhide and will collapse. i, along with pens, suggest the infidel. ive got one for my g21sf and its good to go with no stability probs. also, galco makes one very similair to the infidel, it just has 1-3/4" belt clip.

4. pens-66

pens-66

5. U-phorik407

U-phorik407 'Night Michelle

Check out rmholsters.com seriously, it's a nice single point IWB and it retains to your clothing/belt some people have even gotten away with using one w/o a belt. I prefer using a belt, but even then it doesnt move around much, its made of kydex and it has two screws so u can adjust the retention of the gun. Turn around time is usually 3-4 weeks but its a quality product, it's all kydex even the clip which is very sturdy as well. And they're very reasonably priced too. Good luck!

6. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

High Noon Holsters bare asset... cheap, well made, and in stock

7. sredish

sredish

thanks guys, i generally carry in a supertuck, unless i can get away with my don hume owb, but that's pretty rare. i was thinking of getting something smaller profile to go with my 26 and that's where the single point idea came in, but not sure if it's going to totally fit my needs. i'll check out that infidel.

8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Blackhawk makes a good one.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

9. recycooler

recycooler 9-11-2001

10. moncoacp

moncoacp

I like my Bianchi 100 Professional.

11. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I had one of the holsters similar to the Galco you are displaying... It was the kind with the over the belt plastic clip. Worked AWESOME on sweatpants and other non-belted applications. Till the clip broke... :v(

I am not as concerned about the collapse of a holster anymore. If I have drawn and engaged someone then more than likely I will be in the low ready position till LEO arrives. If the situation is that the threat is no longer threatening, and there are no readily detectable second threats in the area, then I have plenty of time to reholster. Nothing like trying to hurry an adrenaline rushed re-holster proceedure... (grin)

So, I think the holster you are showing just might work for you as long as you are belted. I don't think it will be a big investment...

Have you looked into one of these yet???
    http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?products_id=1617

Great way to safely "Mexican Carry" your pistol. Here in Arizona it does lead to a rather *wet* pistol in the summer however... (HAHAHA) But for $20 you can't go wrong!

Happy New Year!

12. pangloss9

pangloss9

I recently purchased a Tucker Silent Thunder which I like very much. It stays in place well, and I'm quite pleased with the holster.

Edit: I use it to carry a G26.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  13. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

The problems I always found with the ones I tried (Galco Scout, Bianchi some model?, and maybe some others I don't remember) is that they always seemed uncomfortable by putting a lot of pressure against you in one spot. Also too thick all in one spot with clip right beside the gun, instead of two on each side of the gun.

Now I also had a Galco NSAII, which was single point, but single behind the gun, not beside. I bought this in an attempt to find a thinner solution. This holster was a joke because it didn't stay in place and you couldn't draw the gun worth a damn either. I'm not even sure if it's still in production.

Maybe I never found the perfect holster in that style, but I gave up and settled on the two point style.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  14. sean665

sean665 Semper Fortis

15. sredish

sredish

Tried a Bianchi 100 today and while it's comfortable, it sits way too high above the beltline for it to be very concealable. looks like i have a small baby coming out of my rib cage area..... my supertuck is still the winner. i'll keep looking though... i'll check out those above links.

thanks.

16. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

As a comment to the one pictured in the OP, I do not like the style clip on that Galco holster. You need a clip that holds on both the top and the bottom of the belt, imo, So either a regular type clip or a c-clip. J-clips suck.