close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Singer Oil works + selling my S&W stainless .357/.38 686Plus soon

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by antediluvianist, Oct 26, 2006.

1. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I just have my pet ferret run through the shotgun barrel a few times.

Seriously, there have been so many posting about NOT using WD-40 on firearms. WD stands for "water displacement", and I forget what that has to do with cartridges (WD penetrates into the powder inside a cartridge?) but it's said to be bad.

A pump action is a relatively simple mechanism. Presumably most lubricants will work . I just use Singer sewing machine ("All Purpose") oil on my Mossberg Maverick. Inexpensive shotgun, inexpensive oil.

I have pretty much decided to sell my Smith&Wesson 686Plus .357/.38 7-shot revolver. My eyes are getting worse so I better stick to shotguns. Will be posting it for sale - for a friendly price - one of these days, probably when my present PTT expires. Sorry, Hermo. I enjoyed it until the old eyeballs got retinopathied.

***Whoops, sorry - this post was supposed to go into the "Dunkin' Donuts" thread after HEAVY's post. Clicked on wrong button, Basd eyes.

2. revo

revo

Stop - inhale - think again before you make a serious boo-boo.

We, at Glocktalk, never sell our guns.

:supergrin:

We get more guns to pass on to our children and their children. That's our main excuse for getting more.

Seriously, that 686 is a damn fine gun. I know because I have one - the 6 shot version.

You should keep it.

:thumbsup:

3. revo

revo

Oops...for normal use WD-40 should be OK for your Maverick.

The problem comes when it's dusty and grimy so thw WD-40 tends to picku-up dirt.

Yes, your sewing machine oil should be fine.

So your gun and bedsheets and clothes should smell the same now.

:supergrin:

4. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

How much would you sell your revo for sir? Just PM me, very interested. :D

5. ahtsay

ahtsay

Hey you haven't even let me shoot it yet, and you're selling it already????:eyebrow: Geez!!! Lets put a scope on it, it should work fine...:supergrin: Sayang naman bebenta mo na.

6. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Hi, Ahtsay. Oh, I won't sell it until after our range session on the morning of Nov. 6 at Armscor. Two other guys, maybe more, are coming. I'll bring the shotgun and the magnum revo.

The revo is fine but my handgun days are over. If only they allowed shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches.

7. ahtsay

ahtsay

Well better let me know how much you want it for so that I can bring cash or would you accept a cheque? That way I can relieve you of it after our range session....:supergrin: Ako na din maglilinis :thumbsup:

8. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Ah , well, ahtski, there are 4 guys who already PM'd me about buying the 686 Plus. Anyway, see you Nov. 6. Happy Halloween to everybody. Go visit this weekend and avoid the rush.

9. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Sayang, ante. How about considering the XS Big Dot sights? See it here: www.xssights.com

10. kamelot

kamelot

Hi Antediluvianist!

I use WD-40 on my Benelli to remove the sludge off my Benelli after about 2 to 3 sessions in the range. Of course I dab it too with gun oil after cleaning it up. OK naman so far.

BTW, If you mean Armscor Marikina, it's closed on Mondays. Armscor MCS I guess is open. :)