Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
29,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use silver solution for medicinal purpose? I've done some research and it has a history for hundreds if not thousands of years as a bacteria killer. Any personal experience?

·
The Bombdiggity
28,798 Posts
Argyria...among many other things.

...BTW, for hundreds, if not thousands of years, most people died before they were 40.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Hmm something for bacteria for hundreds of years and people not reaching the age of 40 for hundreds (thousands) of years... Sorry just not seeing a connection :whistling:

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
It is a great cure for your skin pigmentation, it will get rid of your sickly human color and turn you a healthy Smurf blue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It is a great cure for your skin pigmentation, it will get rid of your sickly human color and turn you a healthy Smurf blue.
That guy used a lot of it. Silver sulfide is used for burns as a anticeptic .
A silver coin placed in milk will help it stay fresh
Honey has anticeptic properties also.

·
Firm member
30,295 Posts
Had a family member fall hook, line and sinker for the silver scam to the point everyone else avoided their constant pitching silver generators and other colloidal crap. The only thing it ever cured was their savings. HH

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Papa smurf recently died BTW. Multi CVA and mi.
He also hated being called Papa Smurf, but seemed to actually try to look like him, beard and all.

·
Mentally Frozen
29,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not much for positive comments. Yes, there is some negative history also, but I was wondering if anyone has had any positive results. The smurf thing is a very slim or nill chance of happening if taken appropriately.

·
Firm member
30,295 Posts
Not much for positive comments. Yes, there is some negative history also, but I was wondering if anyone has had any positive results. The smurf thing is a very slim or nill chance of happening if taken appropriately.
Silver nitrate used to be administered to newborns' eyes at birth, but I'm dating myself. HH

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I had a very positive experience. About a year ago I was changing the oil in my hot rod pickup and burned the underside of my forearm on a very hot header...not a passing little burn, a good sear. My dinosaur brain didn't register the pain quick enough and I got it good.

Spot almost 2 in around and nasty, bubbled skin, crispy edges, not good. My dad used to sell medical equipment and supplies and has a medical background. He took a look and suggested I go to the hospital...but knowing I hate hospitals he gave me a sterile silver woven pad for burns along with some silver burn cream.

That burn was no joke, but the silver woven pad and silver cream did a great job during the healing process. It still took 4 weeks of bandage and a couple of months of a nasty looking spot, but it is gone now with no scar. I did see my regular Dr. a couple weeks into the process and he was an advocate for the silver padand silver cream and told me to continue use and next time go to the hospital.

·
It can be done
7,602 Posts
It is useful and has a place, making somewhat of a comeback in medicine lately. Latest use is boosting the efficacy of other antibiotics on resistant strains.

Mr. HE:cool:

·
Watcher.
40,687 Posts
Thank you Mr HE.'08.

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,848 Posts

·
Banned
5,385 Posts
ER nurse here. we occasionally use silver impregnated dressings on burns and nonhealing wounds. as mentioned, Silvadene cream for burns works wonders. in our post-open-heart area, the first dressing applied after the incision is closed up is silver, the next one is made of seaweed.

we use products made from mold, snake venom, pig intestines, just to name a few common medicines. one of these days, we'll get really smart as a species and figure out what cures are right under our noses.

·
Registered
32,631 Posts
ER nurse here. we occasionally use silver impregnated dressings on burns and nonhealing wounds. as mentioned, Silvadene cream for burns works wonders. in our post-open-heart area, the first dressing applied after the incision is closed up is silver, the next one is made of seaweed.

we use products made from mold, snake venom, pig intestines, just to name a few common medicines. one of these days, we'll get really smart as a species and figure out what cures are right under our noses.
What do moustaches cure? :dunno:

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
That guy used a lot of it. Silver sulfide is used for burns as a anticeptic .
A silver coin placed in milk will help it stay fresh
Honey has anticeptic properties also.
Yeah, and it doesn't turn you bright yellow if you consume too much of it. :rofl:

I've heard veterinarians would sew silver coins into lesions on animals to prevent infection.
Think of what THAT visit would cost today!

It cured my chronic vampirism once. Otherwise, it's a scam. Yes, I did try it. Yes, it did absolutely positively NOTHING!

·
Support the 2nd
3,412 Posts
Topical silver, sure.

Ingestion of a sliver colloidal solution? Don't be silly.

·
transmogrifier
12,508 Posts
I tried colloidal silver to address my compulsive posting on GT.
I'm evaluating the results now..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts