GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Commerce will happen, the means of exchange is the only question. Wooden discs have been used in the past.........................who knows what may be used in the future.

I'm going all in on tulips.............................they are due for a breakout.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Each has its place.

Silver can be private and portable; the exact opposite of land. Why is privacy important? Well, you can mull that over.

Land can be taxed to an extreme. Land is subject to the whims of lawmakers; rent moratoriums, environmental regulation (all a form of theft).

Land is great
I know all about upkeep and land carrying costs.
You eat your silver if the time comes. I like beef and vegetables.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
If any need the price of silver to drop let me know. If I buy silver expect a drop In price.

Reactions: Caver 60

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I have land,silver and gold.I paid around 15 dollars for silver eagles a few years ago.In 2001 gold was under 300 dollars and ounce so i bought a few coins and put them in my safety deposit box.I will keep the gold unless it gets over 2500 per ounce.Everything has a price.

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,722 Posts
I am no expert but nobody ever lost money taking a profit.

Personally, I would say if you had a need for the money take it out, if not leave it in.

I think it will go up further and I really doubt the bottom will fall out so if it turns I would think you would have time to sell. Since Ag is the best conductor it has intrinsic value. Au is hoarded more and there for should be more volatile. But again, I am no expert.
I like your comment. My pal's dad says since Silver is a commodity that is used in manufacturing, he liked it better as an investment than gold.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
If any need the price of silver to drop let me know. If I buy silver expect a drop In price.
Well, how about we fund you to a small degree, look at what you do, and then we'll all do the opposite.

Question; should you get a management fee of some sort?

V.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Commerce will happen, the means of exchange is the only question. Wooden discs have been used in the past.........................who knows what may be used in the future.

I'm going all in on tulips.............................they are due for a breakout.
Good one,

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
$29.25 now .... Will it break $30.00?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
$29.25 now .... Will it break $30.00?
This is a very speculative move in uncertain times. However, each commodity contract has characteristics that traders use to evaluate future performance. Check out mid 2010 on a continuous contract to see what to expect.

Using traditional tools, this could retrace (or pullback) to 22 thru 24 and still be considered in an uptrend. Silver doesn't trade in this manner if it's going to 50 but it's possible given the times and the level of interest.

V.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Let's say I had $20 in 1950. I take it and buy 100 "cogs" which was the going price at the time. I also have 1 ounce of silver and buy 25 "cogs" at the going price of "cogs" at the time.
Fast forward to now. I have $20 and can now only buy 50 "cogs". I also have 1 ounce of silver and I can still buy 25 "cogs". The same more or less goes for gold. This guy explains it pretty good:
View: https://youtu.be/cIq6xGycVYk

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
More to consider;.....

These are bad times with a lot of scared people running around. They have a lot of good reasons to feel that way, given the fundamentals. The environment is ripe for a major move given the uncertainty about the future. Keep that in mind - no guarantees but the odds are really good.

There will be volatility (or consolidation) around 35.00. This is where a certain type of investor will unload a portion (not a bad idea) or all of their holdings. You'll have to decide what you think for yourself at this point.

Again, if it breaks 35.00 then people are going to try and push it to 50.00. I bet it'll happen before the election.

V.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I bought some silver eagles at the wrong time a some years ago when silver was @ $30 ish and saw it drop big time just a few months later!

This is the ONLY good news I've seen in 2020!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Well, I got out today. I sold everything I had over the last two weeks broken up into 4 sales. Average sell price of $25/oz. Didn't hit the peaks but I still made out alright.

Will I be sad if it tops $30? Yep, but it might hurt more watching it come back down to $15 and knowing I missed my chance to make any profit.

Plus, I am potentially looking at a cross country move in the next few months and traveling with metal and not knowing if I'll immediately have adequate storage for it at the new place would have made me nervous.

I'll be taking my money and dollar cost averaging into a diversified 60/40 index fund... safer to travel with and better historical returns, though not quite as fun!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts