close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Silly question about GSSF matches.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Gun Nutt, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Gun Nutt

Gun Nutt

I have one question that is really bugin' me. When you are at a GSSF Match is there a place you can reload your magazine or do I need to come with multiple magazines already loaded (in a mag pouch of course) seperate from the firearm?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You may reload magazines anywhere. You may only handle your pistol(s) in a safe area or on the line (when advised by the RO).

If you carry a pistol in a holster, the slide must be locked back and without any magazine in the pistol.

3. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek full-time n00b

I don't know what the rules are, but at the ones I have been to you can go sit at a table and reload. They will let you reload at the line, too, if you're short. But you should come with 4 mags so you can Glock the plates without having to reload. Pretty accommodating folks. Have fun.

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Yep... NO restrictions on when/where you reload magazines. Ideally not on the line, as then you're holding people up. So have at least 4 mags available for each gun you're going to shoot. Well, I said "no restriction", but you can't reload magazines in the SAFETY AREA.

The SAFETY AREAs are the ONLY place you can handle your gun (other than shooting). There aren't many of them, but there will be a sign. THERE, you can handle your gun, but absolutely NO ammo.

Pretty simple rules. I almost never go to a safety area while at a match. My gun's work fine, they're in the bag until I need them.

5. Gun Nutt

Gun Nutt

Thank you all, you answered my second question about how many mags one should come with. Nothing but great folks on this forum here!

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

GSSF'ers are the best of all Glockers.:wavey:

7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa