close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

silencers

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by theTactician, Apr 27, 2007.

1. theTactician

theTactician

hi guys. i know this has been asked previously before way back 2004 regarding silencers. it's definitely illegal in many states but not in texas. i was just wondering, coz im thinking of purchasing a silencer for the compact glock. no hideous purpose or anything ok, just thinkin if i can purchase one so i can shoot on my backyard, coz i have a hill that is about or 15-20 feet high on my backyard and im thinkin if i can practice there with a silencer of course using paper targets only. probably buy kevlar and put it on the side of the hill where i would most likely put the target on.
    what do you think?
    unsafe?
    not advisable?
    sound idea?
    illegal and therefore not to be attempted on?
    any inputs? what do you think?

2. vega

vega

As far as I know you have 3 locations:
    1) SoCal
    2) Illinois
    3) Phil

1 & 3 - Illegal
    I do not know about Illinois laws regarding FA. I would not pay $250 every year for silencer but that's just me.

3. theTactician

theTactician

yeah, i guess you're right. better to stay on the legal side to be safe.

4. boni

boni ako ito bok!

if i can have a firearm that can have a silencer on it then i would go for it. you'll never know if it can be useful you know. :)

5. mikol

mikol

if you know some local hitman, you can ask one for free...:banana: ;) ;) ;)

6. boni

boni ako ito bok!

we have a term for hitman who kept their silencer after the act. Convicts.:supergrin:

but usually mas snappy ung walang silencer. as if parang public execution. hehe :thumbsup:

ah just to clear things up ha. joke lng yung post ko. we have never used any hired gun. and we dont know any hired gun.

at hindi humahaba ilong ko mga sir ha, likas na mataas tlaga ito hehehehe :supergrin:

babye:wavey:

7. jimbullet

jimbullet

Its nice to experience shooting with a silencer just for the fun of it, plinking away. Its a new feel on the firearm. After awhile though, you get to think, was it really worth the extra bucks? Its probably a toy you just had to have but with no use.

Rifle silencers of course are an exception as I believe its useful for hunting purposes.

8. mikol

mikol

ako din wala akong kakilalang hitman promise.
    joke joke joke lang yun sakin, just trying to be funny kahit 'di kalbo.:supergrin:

9. theTactician

theTactician

right now, im in California. this is where i work for now.its a temporary thing. but after 1 and half more years, i would go back to my hometown in illinois.
    i will visit the philippines probably next year and stay there for a few months maybe. i miss armscor and my guns.
    :)

10. CarbineReloaded

CarbineReloaded

There is no yearly fee for a silencer.

You pay $200 as a one time "tax" to the ATF for the initial transfer, after that its yours free-and-clear.

11. vega

vega

Thanks for clearing that up. Is that for every silencer you get or are you clear to get more silencer without further fee?

12. gen1

gen1

I saw a movie once where the bida stuck a potato on the end of his revolver and it acted as some sort of a silencer.

I never tried it as I do not own a revolver.

But if it does work do you think we need to pay $200 for each vegetable in our fridge? :rofl:

13. CarbineReloaded

CarbineReloaded

$200 per Silencer, Machine Gun, Short Barrel Shotgun, Short Barrel Rifle.

$5 transfer for an AOW, however it is $200 to make an AOW if your not a registered dealer.

99.99% of the revolvers out "there" do not suppress well due to the gap in the cylinder. I have heard there is one out there, that as the gun fires, the cylinder moves forward to seal into the barrel.

And yes, if you used a tater as a "silencer"... unless you engraved the tater with the proper information and paid the $200 transfer, you just violated the NFA.

Hrm...... I just got one hell of an idea. :animlol: