close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Signing up my wife for GSSF question.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by HauntedAlabama, Mar 1, 2010.

1. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

My wife is going to shoot with me in a GSSF match but has not signed up yet. I was reading an old newsletter they sent with my packet and if I understand it correctly if you sign up a new member at a match the new member is entered in a drawing for a new Glock. Do any of you GSSF experts know how this works? Is it for each match or is it just a random thing throughout the year? I was just curious plus it might help me talk a couple of friends into doing GSSF too. Thanks for all your help guys!

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you sign her up at the match, then both of you are eligible for a drawing for the "new member" pistol for that particular match. If there are 10 new members signed up, your chances are 1 in 20, as are hers. Pretty good odds. You must sign in on the new member drawing list. If you do not see it at registration, ask for it.

3. breeze94

breeze94

Do I understand the process correctly and if you are also a new member, you get 1 entry for yourself plus one for the new member? Also, does a junior count? I know they can't win a new glock but are they still in the drawing or count for you if you bring them to the match?

Thanks!

4. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

I wish I would have looked into this before I sent my girlfriend's application in last month. She'll be with me when I go to a match so we both just missed a chance on a new gun. Oh well I'm sure we'll still have a lot of fun!!

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

You don't have to sign up at the match to be able to sign up for the new member give a way, just tell the person doing the registration that your girlfriend just sent in her membership and this is her first match!

Dan:cool:

6. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

7. Taykaim

Taykaim NRA Member

Does that mean that when I finally get to visit my first match, I can enter that? I've been a member for months, but haven't had a match close by.

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

IF you shoot the match and it is your first GSSF Match, Yes

Don

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  9. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Yes, you can sign up. :)