Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GNG'rs, I have finally found the right house for my family. We have been renting for what seems like forever. We were on the verge of buying a house in 2009, then I had a catastrophic back injury leading to being unable to work anymore. My wife has been going to school since then and has finally landed a good job a few months back. We secured a loan and started looking.

I think we found a good deal. We made a lowball offer of 30% less than asking, which is much lower than actual value also(of course, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so technically, we paid exactly what its worth). The owner countered, and we told them that there are way to many houses for sale, take it or leave it. The house had been on the market for a while and the owner decided to take it!:cool:

So, after going to college, working, almost buying a house, getting set back to the beginning and starting over, we are finally where we want to be. Here is to kicking back in MY OWN living room and enjoying a nice espresso in month or so! When we get settled in I will take a bunch of pictures and post them up, you guys can tell me what you think.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Congrats! You know all that annoying free money you've had in your life? Well you won't be pestered with such things any more :supergrin:

seriously congrats! :congratulations:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Congratulations. I'm very happy for you. You were due a little good news. And buying a house at the right price sounds great. It's nice to hear that someone who suffered setbacks didn't give up.

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! You know all that annoying free money you've had in your life? Well you won't be pestered with such things any more :supergrin:

seriously congrats! :congratulations:
Congratulations. I'm very happy for you. You were due a little good news. And buying a house at the right price sounds great. It's nice to hear that someone who suffered setbacks didn't give up.
Get ready to fix a bunch of ****. That's home ownership. :supergrin:

...But it is worth it.
Thanks guys!:wavey: Yeah, I have planned to put any further gun collection expansion on hold for awhile, we have some immediate things we want to do as soon as we take posession. I have to say though, I am excited. I have been a mechanic for a long time, so I like to tinker with things. My cars, guns, toys of all kinds always get tricked out. This house is going to be a lot of fun, There is so much I can do. We plan on re-doing the front room immediately. We have picked a patriotic theme, as my wife and I are both politically active in our area and take great pride in that. BBQ season is going to be a great time too!:supergrin:

·
Prime Example
4,913 Posts
Get ready to fix a bunch of ****. That's home ownership. :supergrin:

...But it is worth it.
Yeah, I was going say;

"Here's to replacing your own furnace, painting you own garage, unclogging your own pipes, rewiring your own electrical....."

Congrats, OP. Owning a home is awesome. I remember the day my wife and I closed on our house, walking around and putting my hand on everything and saying, "this is MY doorknob, these are MY stairs, this is MY window, this is MY kitchen etc..."

Well, technically it's all the banks, but you know what I mean.

·
Mall Ninja Extraordinaire
419 Posts
Right behind you man...We should be closing on the 24th...hoo...ray...I'm slightly excited as I will not have a gun fund anymore...

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
The first one is always fun! Congrats.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Gratz man! I am hoping to do the same in the next month or so! I know how excited I will be when all the paperwork is finally done!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Congrats. Working for a real estate law firm, there's one thing I'd like to advise. Check the deeds thoroughly at closing. You'd be surprised how many mistakes are made that no one catches until the new owner decides to refinance or sell the house a few months or years down the road, and sometimes not even then. From misspelled names to wrong lot numbers and addresses, heck, even completely wrong legal descriptions for completely different property. I've seen chains of title that have been wrong for 30 years with the same mistakes made over and over on every deed because the person preparing the documents just copies the mistakes over and noone else catches it. Its the attorney's responsibility to prepare correct documents, but it ultimately will cause you the most aggravation. Attorneys don't like to admit they made a mistake and sometimes drag their feet when it comes to correcting a deed once their file on it has been closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts