close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Signed FFL

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by kimberguy2004, Jan 22, 2007.

1. kimberguy2004

kimberguy2004

In the event of an online purchase, does a FFL holder actually send a signed copy of his license to a potential seller, with all of the problems that could arise from an unscrupulous individual? I did a transfer with a guy for a long gun and my FFL said he wasn't about to send a copy of his license to just anyone that requested it. He would send it to another FFL holder. He did in fact receive the gun for me, and all that was required was a copy of the sellers DL for identication of where and from whom the gun was being sent. It went fine, and he transfered the gun to me. Just curious.

2. fc2462

fc2462

I would recommend reading the FAQ section on the ATF website. It has a lot of good info on there relating to what is and is not legal as far as transferring guns. I think you will find that many FFL's have a different and often more strict *policy* over and above the actual requirements of the law. If you run into one of these FFL's then just find a different one that will follow the law and the law only. There are a million of them out there.