Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of upgrading the sights on my gen 3 model 22. Heard good things about the Trijicon HD sights. Gun is my daily carry. Defensive gun and used for training. Any reviews? Pros and cons? Any suggestions?

Sent from my ONE_TOUCH_960C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like basic Glock night sights. It all depends on what you like and your eyes like. Mine are a basic 3 dot set up all of the same color. Some agree, some disagree but it works well for me

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the trijicon HDs with orange front dot. Love them. It's on my 17.

On my 19, i'd like to get some XS Big dots or Ameriglo iDot Pro. All have trijicon tubes i believe. Don't get me wrong, the Trijicon HDs are awesome....i'm just someone who likes to have some different things.

Pros - Nice and big. Rear site tall and steep for 1 handed manipulations.

Cons - Orange blends in with the range dirt pit back stop. Might consider yellow if you're shooting mostly at the dirt pit. The writing on the side of mine rubbed off during install. I have to clean that up too.

Here's a crappy iPhone pic of them.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
I also like the Glock-OEM night sights, which are also very reasonably priced as well. According to Glock's Parts Sold To Anyone List, the rear sight with 6.5mm elevation applies to the G22 (Glock part number NR 17G24, $32.00). You'd need the front sight as well (NF 17G24, $25.00).

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I prefer Ameriglo Operators over the HDs.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
I have HDs and love em. For me the yellow front works best.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have an XS 24/7 Big Dot Night Sight on the front, and a plain black sight in the rear. I REALLY like that set up, as my eye is drawn to the front sight, where it should be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great replies. Thanks. Hoping to find some friends or other range members with different sights I can lay eyes on. Like the looks of the XS sights as well.

Sent using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Part Time
4,761 Posts
I've put HDs (orange front) on all of my Glocks. I've tried quite a few different ones over the years and have found these to be the best for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had lasic eye overhaul. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with a cat. Took off back sight on my 23gen4 and learned to point shoot. At 25ft I can draw, fire 13 rounds all 9s & 10s on a standard silhouette target B 27 (24) in 6 seconds. Is that good for an old buzzard?

·
Glockdriver
193 Posts
I prefer Ameriglo Operators over the HDs.
This. I find the bright HD front blooms on me making it hard to see precise sight alignment. I'm pushing 58 and my vision is slipping, so I'm sure that's part of the problem. However, I don't have as much trouble with the Ameriglo Operators (green/yellow).

Another great thing about the Operators is you can get different height front blades to precisely zero YOUR pistol with the load you wish. I've seen more ethan one report of HDs shooting high, and I don't think you have much in the way of fine tuning options.

My serious Glocks wear Ameriglo Operators or Heinie 3 dot Slant Pros.

Ken

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
I have an XS 24/7 Big Dot Night Sight on the front, and a plain black sight in the rear. I REALLY like that set up, as my eye is drawn to the front sight, where it should be.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

There's something to be said for having a bright marker on the front sight only... My best target sights have an FO front and adjustable matte-black, serrated rear sight.

Any chance we could get a picture of these sights aligned as if on target? :eyebrow:

Exactly, which rear sight is this? :dunno:

By the bye, you could pair this XSBD front sight with a markerless, matte-black rear sight containing tritium-charged lamps. This would give you the same daylight sight picture, but still provide the familiar three glowing dots for the nighttime sight picture... AmeriGlo offers such rear sights with green or yellow lamps (green and yellow have about the same lamp-life)...

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock

--Ray

·
Retired Member
9,198 Posts
I like the Trijicon HD's and I would go with the yellow front.

I like the Trijicon HD sights too. And Trijicon now puts an additional clear over-coating over the sight marker, so it won't wash off with routine cleaning as the earlier Trijicon sight markers were prone to do (it was the only fault I could find with earlier Trijicon sights).

As I understand it, Trijicon imports their high-quality tritium lamps, and provides these same lamps to other OEMs, such as AmeriGlo and XS...

Israeli-made Meprolight manufactures its own tritium lamps, which are surrounded with a white coating to maximize brightness at the lamp's aperture. The front lamp appears a bit bigger & brighter than the rear lamps do, by design.

--Ray

P.S. Meprolight offers a fully adjustable rear night sight too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts