Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TruGlo tritium or Trijicon HD night sights? Which one would you recommend for a Gen4 G17?
Trijicons are x3 more expensive. Are they worth it? Gun will be used for home defense primarily. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I do like the Trijicon HD’s with an orange front. But sights are such a personal thing - it’s hard to recommend what’s best for others.

As was mentioned, you might want to check out the Ameriglo lineup. They have some options that are similar to the HD’s but less expensive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes sir!...This whole night sight thing can be hashed over till the tritium goes dark! Don’t get me wrong i think they are great,but in terms of application to Glock’s I saw a supposedly Glock/shooter dude telling everybody that the stock Glock sights are a big part of the “Perfection” thing with Glock and don’t waste money on aftermarket sights when all you have is perfection with what he called it” A drop in the bucket” referring to the drop in the front to the bucket in the rear. I must say it’s a pretty nice sight picture when given a chance. I say whatever works and let’s keep it simple and not over-invent the wheel so to speak IMO. Others please chime in use of their stock sights and does anyone make that stock Glock sight that does light up in the dark?
Thx’s all!!
KB.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've got two with Ameriglo spartan operators, and I am AMAZED at the brightness of the red glow of the fiber-optics on the front, and the tritium vials are brighter than any other night sights I have seen......I am sold.....this is what is going on all my new purchases.....

Reactions: bababoris

·
Florist
20,127 Posts
Glock's night sights should be fine for most shooters with reasonably healthy/"young" eyes. My eyes are old so I switched out the Glock front sight for an Ameriglo orange one and kept the Glock rear sight (NS).

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Glock night sights, if I remember correctly, are or were made by Meprolite. Decent size dots and plenty bright. I'm not sure of the price, but I believe they used to go for $65. Hard to beat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
While I do think trijicon makes great products, I have went with ameriglo on all 4 of my Glocks.

My older eyes just aren’t that good anymore and with my glasses on I can see and use pretty much any iron sights. With glasses off, the orange front sights are better for me. While it’s not a good sight picture I can still make out the orange front good enough to make hits at close range.

I have hackathorn on one and I dot on two and suppressor height with yellow/green front and blacked out rear on my 45 mos with rmr, which is my nightstand pistol. I can see the red dot fine without glasses on. As stated before trijicon makes great stuff but to me the ameriglo are just as reliable and more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ended up with a hybrid that I’m liking. Bought the Trijicon HD XR Yellows but didn’t like the size of the front tight. Swapped them out for the XS DXT2 Big Dot Orange. Couldn’t get used to the I back sight, ended up leaving the Big Dot front on with the Trijicon backs and really like the combo.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'm a big Ameriglo fan. I currently have either a front, rear, or set on 7 Glocks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts