Sights for Glock 19 MOS with RMR?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by BigMick, Oct 24, 2020.

1. BigMick

BigMick

I recently purchased a Gen 4 19 MOS and plan to put an RMR on it. It comes with the terrible plastic sights of course, and I was wondering what type of suppressor height sights would go best with a red dot? I’m personally thinking that blacked out rear and blacked out front sight may be best so the sight picture is not cluttered by seeing a red dot and a big orange sight or similar. Just trying to get some opinions from those who regularly run this type of set up. Thanks.

2. okiegtrider

okiegtrider

I went with Ameriglo on my RMR guns.
    [​IMG]

imbavid and BigMick like this.

3. BigMick

BigMick

These are the exact ones I was considering. Thanks.

okiegtrider likes this.
  4. dw6395

dw6395

I just installed Dawson Precision on my G45 with Vortex Venom. I bought blacked out rear and fiber optic red on the front. Will check zero next and adjust rear if necessary. Easy install with just a little filing. Co-witness looks very good.

BigMick likes this.
  5. BigMick

BigMick

Does the red fiber optic overpower the red dot? Or clutter the sight picture at all?

6. dw6395

dw6395

I have not shot it yet but just looking through the red dot I did not feel that at all. I was planning to change the red fiber optic to green if I feel there is an issue.

7. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

It's my opinion that if you're going to use a rds on a pistol then train to actually find and use the dot. Don't crutch finding the dot by finding your front sight.

If you absolutely must have a backup sight then those blacked out versions are ok.

8. FLSlim

FLSlim

I went with Ameriglo. RS-black & NS on the front. There is no issue with the NS interfering with the RDS "picture".

9. dw6395

dw6395

Correct, the dot is the primary focus not the sight. My reason for having co-witness is that I do some competitive shooting and have gotten caught in a heavy rain more that once and the red dot can be tough under those circumstances. Honestly, I wish there was a way to fold down the front sight but I have never seen one for a pistol. In good weather, I have another red dot setup without steel sights - actually it is a dovetail mounted red dot plate.

StarvinMarvin likes this.
  10. imbavid

imbavid

like others have mentioned, the ameriglo suppressor sights are fantastic and have held up extremely well in the year that I've had them. I dry fire a lot and I'll knock the front sight pretty hard some times if I miss the holster or when I'm training and drop it and they havent broke or budged. I got the NS front sight and just a standard black back sight.

11. okiegtrider

okiegtrider

If you are focusing on the dot you aren't using it the way it was intended.

12. dw6395

dw6395

Come on. I am well aware the focus is the target. The point was line with the dot not the sight.