close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Sightron Cust Svc - Thumbs Up!!

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by 6530, May 20, 2003.

1. 6530

Below is an excerpt from a letter I sent to Sightron along with a damaged scope. About 10 days after I sent the letter I received a brand-new scope! Even though this damage was MY fault, Sightron replaced it anyway!

Amazing. If anyone has any concerns about Sightron’s customer service, this should put them to rest. These folks are great.

BTW, this was a lesson for me: light rifle + heavy caliber + heavy scope = heavy mounts. I’m going with the Leupold dual dovetail setup.

I have heard much about Sightron scopes recently, and so decided to give your products a try.

I purchased a new hunting setup a few months ago, consisting of a Browning A-Bolt Hunter in 300 Winchester Short Magnum and a Sightron SII 3.5-10x50mm scope. After reviewing my mounting system options, focusing on Millett, Warne, and Leupold, I purchased and installed a set of Leupold standard 2-piece bases and 1” super high rings. I installed the mounting system according to Leupold’s instructions, lapping the rings during the installation process.

Unfortunately, as I was sighting in the scope this weekend, the rear ring assembly tore out of the windage screws and the scope slipped forward several inches, evidently due to recoil. As you can see, when the scope slipped forward the front ring slightly scratched the scope tube, but the rear ring created a deep gouge. I’m a bit concerned that the scope has been rendered inoperable.

Today I called the Technical Assistance number and spoke with a representative, who suggested that I send the scope in to be assessed for function.

Enclosed please find the scope in its original packaging. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me.