Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NRA/GCO MEMBER
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say focus on the front sight but I cannot. The target is crisp and clear.
I wear +1.75 correction reading distance lenses.
I still concentrate on the front sight letting the target go secondary and do well but am curious about eyeglasses wearers and open sight shooting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me, rear sight is blurry, front sight less so, target in focus. So, I go with target primary and front sight secondary, thru the distance vision part of my glasses. Works OK out to 15yds or so. I go thru the bifocals after that in order to bring the front sight in focus. Been wearing bifocals for 6-7 years now, am having to mount magnified optics on all my long guns 'cause I can't use the irons any more.

Stu

·
Registered
30,467 Posts
They say focus on the front sight but I cannot. The target is crisp and clear.
I wear +1.75 correction reading distance lenses.
You may need tri focal eye glasses. Top lens for distance, center lens focused at front sight distance, lower lens for reading.
I've been wearing tri focals for many, many years years, I'm 72, and I have no problem shooting handguns from close up to 100 yards.
For instance.
Micro Desert Eagle at 52 yards. Standing, two hands. Sighting with the center lens of my tri focals.

It does take a little getting use to using the center lens when firing fast. Much easier if you are using a full eyeglass lens that's focused at your front sight distance.

My center lens is what I call my shooting/computer lens.

What you might try and what I did for some years is, go to the eye glasses rack at the drug store. Try on glasses until you find a pair that puts your outstretched thumb nail in focus.
When you shoot with these glasses the front sight will be sharp, the rear sight just a little out of focus and the target more out of focus. Exactly the way it is with good eyesight.

I had a pair of shooting glasses made with my center lens prescription. The only problem is I have to keep swapping out with my regular glasses while on the range when not shooting.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
The above suggestion of using drug store reading glasses is very effective. It has allowed me to again shoot accurately with my handguns and my iron sighted military rifles. A pair of prescription shooting glasses would offer greater safety and improved visibility. JMHO. Sincerely. Brucev.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts