Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Love My Glocks
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to sit down with a pistol rest, seat and range bench and make sure I had my 34 dialed in. I shot 10 rounds through each of the 5, 7, 10 and 15 yd targets, and then I think I ended up with about 14 or so at 25 yds. It shoots better then I am capable of free hand presently, but I continue to work at it .

When I flipped the target over after shooting the 10 yard middle, I took it out to 15 but then actually shot at the one I had marked at 25yds. Corrected that below

Gen 4 - 34, Vortex Razor, Dawson co-witness, Pyramid Ultimate trigger system, Suarez barrel, SS RSA .

Shooting freehand afterwards. 10 yard and 15 yard drills.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
You know the easy way to sight in a dot is with a laser bore sighter, like a SightMark, takes about 20 seconds. Then just check it 25-40 yards.

·
Love My Glocks
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know the easy way to sight in a dot is with a laser bore sighter, like a SightMark, takes about 20 seconds. Then just check it 25-40 yards.
Actually that's what I have and do. I have laser and inserts for just about everything I shoot. You are right, it makes it a lot faster to get to zero. This was zeroing at home at 50ft in my shop, and then one single adjustment after I got there :)

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Yea, they make it too easy. Just put a new dot on my JRC carbine, laser sighted in down the hallway at 23 yards (long house) and only took 2 clicks at 45 yards at the range, less than 10 rounds.

·
Registered
282 Posts
YMMV, but I have found that when shooting my RMR'ed G19 at extended ranges (25-100m), ammunition selection becomes an important variable.

For instance, my carry ammo (Federal 147 HST) prints groups half the size of my range ammo (Speer 147 TMJ) with less random flyers.

(Speer 147 GDHP was the most accurate of all in my experience, but some backyard expansion testing showed poor results for that projectile at my velocities)

Additionally, the precise zero between my carry ammo and range ammo is not the same.

Might be worth checking out in your G34

With my setup, a 10m zero also equates to a ~50m zero.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
But that is expected. Different loads yield different results. I shoot my own reloads for USPSA, a 124 Bayou on top of 3.6 grains of TiteGroup at 1.100" OAL, which prints differently than my WIN SXT 127+P+ carry ammo. It's not a significant difference, only about 1" at 25 yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.