Sight Master Sight Pusher Tool ???

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Hoochrunners, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Looking at buying a sight pusher. Occasional/personal use on Glocks. Anyone have any experience with the Sight Master tool? GlockStore carries it.

2. Glock40man

Glock40man

3. doctorfireant

doctorfireant

I have one and have installed sights on my Glocks.

It has worked well for me.

4. TeejNB

TeejNB

Scrap brass rod & hammer worked fine for me installing my Ameriglo i-dot.

Note, that only applies if you trust your handyman skills and/or are prepared to pay the price if you frack it up.

5. nylaw

nylaw

My experience was horrible. I bought the deluxe model from the makers site that has all the extra blocks. My old sights were dead Trijicons. I was installing Heinie's on a first gen 17.

It took the rear off fine. Putting the Heinie on was a major struggle. No matter what I did the slide twisted. I even filed the Heinies which they say you aren't suppose to do. The slide is only supported from the rear by slide clamp which clamps the sides. There is nothing supporting the top of the slide. Tight sights will twist period. I had my family members help hold the slide while I worked the pusher and it still twisted. I realized one of the other blocks was the same height as the base of the sight pusher so I put it in the middle bottom of the slide and used a wood clamp with rubber faces to clamp the slide to the block onto the counter top. It still twisted and turned but I was finally able to get the sight on.

I have a few more to change so I wasn't going through that again and bought this. http://www.bjarms.com/index.php/p500-pro It's the pro model with a built in clamp down. It's like a garage made Yugo build to a Mercedes. I spoke at length with the owner and we went over my experience and his shared experience with his cheaper version. This is solid as a rock and well thought out. It's very expensive but messing up a really nice 1911 slide will cost more than the tool. If you break a part the owner sends it out on his dime, user error included. I was honest with him and told him about a negative thread I read. We went over each and every complaint (I am that anal), he answered everything to my satisfaction. Most of it boiled down to user error. There is a learning curve but if you are mechanical it really makes a lot of sense. The model in question was his cheaper model without the hold down clamp so not the one I ended up buying.

If someone thinks I don't know what I am doing and know they can use this tool PM me for a good deal.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. NCHeel

NCHeel

Best sight pusher I have used in the one from Maryland Gun Works. You can get it at MidwayUSA.

7. nylaw

nylaw

I looked at those and the most liked are brand specific plus they haven't been in stock for a while. The universal needs expensive attachments for each model. That being said from reading reviews before I bought the B&J, the MGW seemed to be the favored brand. I didn't want to have to buy something for each model I own.

8. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Thank you all. I think I'll go with the MGW.