Glock 48 Sight Issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gdog243, Nov 12, 2019.

1. gdog243

gdog243

Having problems with my 48 shooting 4+ inches low at 7 yards. Also had A friend shoot it with the same results!

2. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Need taller rear sight. I would see where it impacts at 25 yards first though. Seven yards is spittin distance.

3. LS357

LS357

Just installed Truglo TFX Pro's on my girlfriend's 48. She was having issues with the previous sights. These seemed to do the trick. With her shooting, achieved POA/POI at 10 yards.

4. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I don't know you or your friend, but just want to mention...

If an inexperienced Glock shooter were to just start banging away at 7 yards, it'd be common to see a messy group of shots string 4" low. Most, but not all, of the shots could be grouped low. I'm just saying that is very common with Glocks. They'd also typically be low left for right handers.

Lawdog3 and Teecher45 like this.
  5. ADP3

ADP3

I don't know anything about your level of experience so my advice is generic. A low group at 7 yards can occur for a number of reasons. To get the best feedback of whether it's your ammo, your gun or you ,shoot seated from a solid rest at a minimum of 50 feet, use a 6 o'clock hold on a 2" bull, use 124 grain ammo of decent manufacture first (avoid the cheaper range ammo), and note your group's placement. At 50 feet you shouldn't have a group larger than 3". Additionally, have another shooter fire your gun under the same conditions. If your gun is still printing low look into a higher rear sight. Most handguns are sighted in at the factory for 25 yards, or sometimes 50 feet.The closer the range (relative to the range a pistol is sighted in for), the lower a bullet will print. The lighter the bullet and the lighter the powder charge, the lower a bullet will print.

Best Regards,
    ADP3

Lawdog3 likes this.
  6. jack76590

jack76590

7. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN

Assume you have stock sights. It’s a known issue for some.

Taller rear or shorter front is needed.

It’s a good time to look at new sights in general.

Remember it’s the relationship between the front/rear