Glock Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Well, I took some real measurements with the sights off of the slide and found my front is actually .140" and rear is .325". Measuring sight height on the slide is hard. :dunno:

Decided I needed to take another trip to the range with some 230gr ball ammo and try the front sight from my Valor which is .190". The .190" sight shot pretty close to POA, but still a tad high.

Grouping isn't quite as tight due to the bright sun on my white target and the distractions from the concealed carry class going on at the range this morning.

After discussion with Keith at DW, the slide is in the mail for installation of a taller front sight. Thinking a .195" would be spot-on, but don't know if they make one.

[/IMG]

good to hear it is being take care of.

Well, I took some real measurements with the sights off of the slide and found my front is actually .140" and rear is .325". Measuring sight height on the slide is hard. :dunno:
when i measure the front sight with it installed, use the other side of the caliper (farthest part away from the display) as a depth caliper. ;)

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Just got my slide back from DW. They installed a .180" front sight. I went back and measured the front sight on my Valor and it looks like it may be .180" vs .190" like I thought. All depends on how you hold the calipers. Best bet is to do like Quack suggested and use the other end of the calipers with the protrusion to check height on the slide.

I took it out to the range and all is good. Still maybe an inch or so high, but I can live with that compared to the previous version.

When I first bought my CCO I found it shot over 6" high at 25 yards. Sent it in and they replaced the front sight with the correct post. The one they had installed was far too short. Shoots point of aim now. :wavey:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.