Sight alignment on Glock 30 SF

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by CarryGLSF, Feb 23, 2010.

1. CarryGLSF

CarryGLSF

I have a new Glock 30 SF and I'm wondering what's the proper way to use these sights? There is a white dot on the front sight and a U-shaped white mark on the back sight.

If you are sighting in on a target with a black bull's eye, should the white dot on the front sight completely cover the black bull's eye, or should the white dot be lined up so that the top of the white dot appears at the bottom of the bull's eye--so that your sight picture looks like a figure-8 with the white dot making the bottom circle and the bull's eye making the top circle?

Meanwhile I am lining up the top of the middle post, the front sight, even with the tops of the left and right posts on the back sight, and leaving equal space between the middle post of the front sight and the left and right posts of the back sight. This vertical and horizontal lining up of the posts is advised by every manual, every expert and every blog I've seen (although the Glock manual that came with the gun says nothing about sight alignment), so that doesn't seem to be an issue. But where to put the white dot on the front sight in relation to the bull's eye--I haven't seen any discussion of this anywhere. I'm guessing the white dot should be centered on the center of the bull's eye, but I could be wrong. When I do that the gun doesn't shoot high, so maybe that's it?

Looking forward to hearing from you Glock experts--:dunno:

2. Seawolf

Seawolf

[​IMG]

and for the Glock sights

[​IMG]

3. HK Dan

HK Dan

That's how I align mine. Point of impact equals point of aim. No hold over, hold under, or allowances required.

4. CarryGLSF

CarryGLSF

There's that old saying: a picture is worth a thousand words. I think this will do it for me. Thanks to you two senior members for your comments and graphics. :supergrin: