Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
72,229 Posts
Too big for concealed carry and not a good caliber for much other than self-defense. If I wanted a full-sized 10mm for a woods gun, I'd go with a Glock. I have a P-320 X-Five and I will never trust a P-320 as a self-defense gun.

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
I just got the email, too. They had a soft launch a few weeks back that some reported on, but it is fully and officially here!

I like the idea. I love my G20sf, and am happy with it. But this gun does appeal to me. 10mm in slightly smaller format is interesting to me. I don't know how the smaller grip will impact perceived recoil, but the G20sf is easy to manage, and even if the narrow grip is slightly less effective at distributing the forces, it probably won't bother me.

I am interested in this gun. I don't have a 320 yet, and haven't been terribly motivated to get one, but this gun might change that. I will check one out soon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The G20, having a wider rear part of the grip will spread the recoil over a larger area I think.
By the way, Springfield announced their XDM Elite OSP 10mm yesterday. I've seen them on GBroker already for under $600. What is the MSRP for the SIG?

·
Who, me?
1,363 Posts
Too big for concealed carry and not a good caliber for much other than self-defense. If I wanted a full-sized 10mm for a woods gun, I'd go with a Glock. I have a P-320 X-Five and I will never trust a P-320 as a self-defense gun.
Why wouldn't you trust a P320 for self-defense?

Reactions: beaversgs

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a 320 compact and have put many rounds through it with no problems. I have purposely dropped it and tried to get it to malfunction but can't get it to do anything it is not designed to do. I checked and it is not on the recall list or does it have and bulletins outstanding on it. So the way I look at the problems on this model is they have been corrected and now the pistol is trustworthy.
I tend to remember there are a lot of things that have problems when they are first introduced.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Didn’t the Sig P320 have a bunch of problems with not being drop safe and firing without the trigger being pulled? Thought I remember reading about that?
Here we go....
P320 will never live to put that to bed even though most all P320's in the wild now have disconnectors.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm a 320 fan. I'm with Gman 3101 on this one. I traded into a standard a few years back and used it for 3 gun and other matches for a year or two (2-4 matches a month during the summer, 1 or 2 in the winter). It was so reliable with the cheapest, dirtiest Tula I could buy that I bought a new Legion X 5 recently and use the original as a backup.

I confirmed that my original was post recall.

What is delicate about it, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here we go....
P320 will never live to put that to bed even though most all P320's in the wild now have disconnectors.

:rolleyes:
wasn’t intentionally drudging up the past and forgive me for not knowing it was rectified. Like I said, just remember coming across something a ways back involving that pistol

it’s like the bridge builder versus the lifesaver…know that one?

You can you build 1000 bridges and suck one dick and the world will remember you as a dick sucker and not a bridge builder

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm a 320 fan. I'm with Gman 3101 on this one. I traded into a standard a few years back and used it for 3 gun and other matches for a year or two (2-4 matches a month during the summer, 1 or 2 in the winter). It was so reliable with the cheapest, dirtiest Tula I could buy that I bought a new Legion X 5 recently and use the original as a backup.

I confirmed that my original was post recall.

What is delicate about it, if you don't mind me asking?
I have 2x P320, both are my most reliable handguns to date. In fact, all 7 of my Sig firearms have never had a single malfunction, all with thousands of rounds through them. All current and upgraded P320s are 100% safe. The rate of LE adoption surpasses the M&P by far and is going to come close to rivaling Glock. Now it's the new armed forces handgun . Anyone who continues preaching that the 320 is unsafe is just either unfamiliar with the platform or is just watchin uneducated YouTube videos.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Zero experience with them and obviously not up to date on the latest and greatest…it just stuck with me when I read however long ago. I mentioned it to error on the side of caution. Figured if had been addressed (or not) someone with a much broader depth of knowledge on the subject would speak up (and low and behold).

sig is a fantastic company and I wasn’t knocking them at all, merely mentioning what I’d read pertaining to that particular model. I’ve always liked other pistols better (only a few Sigs have graced these hands, all great shooters but no affair for me) I do own a few of their rifles, and they’re fantastic

1 - 20 of 28 Posts