close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact 9mm range report.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Airborne Infantryman, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

[​IMG]

Took the Sig P250 Subcompact out today, and shot about 150 rounds through it. Here are some things I observed-

1. Trigger pull is possibly THE BEST DAO trigger pull I've ever felt in my life on a handgun.

2. Pistol is more accurate than I am, but I found that even with the DAO trigger pull, I was able to maintain a very good grouping with the pistol, as there is no stacking or roughness in the trigger pull. Smooth as glass!

3. No malfunctions were observed throughout slow-fire, and balls-to-the-wall rapid fire. I attempted to get the gun hot, as if to try and induce a malfunction, but no luck with that. The gun functioned 100%.

4. Muzzle flip wasn't bad at all, and recoil was comparable to the S&W M&P9C that I used to have. The P250 Subcompact is a very nice shooter!

5. Only comes with one 12-round mag. Spare mags are $40, IF you can find them for the Subcompact, as it was just released. Another interesting note is that my P250 Subcompact has a born-on date of 12/26/2009. Less than a month old. :wow:

I must also mention that ammo types used were the following- Winchester Ranger 9mm NATO FMJ, Winchester White Box 115gr, and Federal 115gr. 50 of each type were shot to test ammunition functionality.

I would have shot more, but 9mm is hard to find around here. I really gotta start ordering online.....I will get to the range next weekend and shoot the S&W 325 Night Guard I got; I know a lot of people are looking forward to that one. :wavey:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. raven11

raven11

good review, are you planning to experiment with the caliber/slide/frame changeability in the future

3. Airborne Infantryman

Possibly .357 SIG, but no caliber other than that. I do like the fact that I can change calibers in less than 60 seconds........then again, I paid $525 for my P250 Subcompact, and the Conversion Kits run $360.....that's almost another gun. :shocked:

4. raven11

raven11

welcome to the land of SIG , i kept debating should i get a .22 upper for my 228 then realized for the same price i could get the a .22 pistol , even sig's .22 pistols :upeyes:

5. Airborne Infantryman

HAHA! Yea......Mags are so damn expensive....I keep debating between getting two boxes of ammo, or one mag for the P250. Its nuts, man.

As for a .22 LR Sig, you can't go wrong with a Mosquito; just make sure you keep CCI Mini-Mags in it. Mine was great, then I sold it to my Dad, in exchange for him buying me a Ruger LCP.

6. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Thank you for the range report!!!

I've recently acquired a Sig "2Sum" with the Sub Compact and the Full-sized frames. Only one trigger assy. though.

I currently own and shoot a M&P9c. Very glad to hear that recoil is similar. I've recently posted a thread with photos of the Sig as compared to the M&P, actually.

I'm still a little concerned that muzzle flip will be more than the M&P just because the M&P is just a honey to shoot.

We'll see!

-J-

7. Maine

Maine

Figured I'd bring this thread back to life instead of starting a new one.

I just picked up the same P250 subcompact 9mm as pictured and thought I'd add another owner review. I've put 275 rounds through it between today and yesterday, 100 rounds WWB, 150 Federal and 25 Speer GD 124 +p. The gun functioned 100% and is a pleasure to shoot. The DA trigger didn't take as long to get used to as I expected and is very smooth. I also found the gun to be very accurate and was shooting ~3 inch groups @15 yards within the first 100 rounds. Overall I'm very happy with it and find it as comfortable to carry as it is to shoot.

8. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

I am glad to see a positive review of this gun. I wish I could find more reports on them. I am strongly considering the stainless .40S&W version.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

That's what I do. It's been a good six months or so since I've bought ammo from a brick and mortar store. It's cheaper and more convenient and there's no reason not to.

10. Maine

Maine

I feel the same way. There isn't a whole lot of info out there on these. Id like to try the 357sig combo. Good luck if you decide to get one. :wavey:

11. BAILIFF

BAILIFF Piece Officer

I would love to see a photo comparison between this Sig and a Glock 26, esp. in grip thickness...

12. Maine

Maine

I believe my P250 came with the small grip? Anyhow the grip is slimmer than a G26 and the slide is slightly thicker.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  13. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Stay away from the Gnat.

14. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Since this thread is back to life:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178973

My review of the P250 2SUM...sub-compact and full-sized 9mm

and

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174627

physical comparison between the sub-compact and the M&P9c

I took some photos last night that included a Steyr M9-A1, the 250sc, M&P9c, and a G19... It'll take a little while, but I can probably get those photos up, too.

Bailiff: I don't have a G26, but my inkling is that the 250 will probably feel bigger. It's rather close in size to the M&Pc. It's also got a higher bore axis / taller slide.

-J-