Sig Sauer P-210 Carry...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Slugo, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Dave514

Dave514

I started this thread not understanding the niche that this gun would fill but the longer it goes, the more I'd kinda like to have one. Still not worth the money to me but it seems like a CCW gun that would actually be fun at the range for lengthy periods.

Cambo likes this.
  2. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

I paid over $3400 for my Nighthawk T3, thinking I would carry it. But it doesn't get carried. My Rugar LC9S Pro gets the most carry duty. There are a LOT of people who carry 1911's, which have the same capacity as smaller handguns. They actually carry very well. And there is no denying larger handguns are easier to shoot. I could see lots of people wanting the Sig for exactly that reason. Not everyone wants 15+ rounds in a full size carry gun, especially if it means going to a much wider gun being stuffed iwb.

3. s&wfan

s&wfan

I'm kind of wanting one, the more I see it.

Dave514 likes this.
  4. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Right now there's too much of ME in my waistband to stuff a gun in there too.

I'm working on it - getting back in the gym.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Thanks ;)

6. zeleny

zeleny

Uh, whatever.

SIG Sauer could have made a faithful continuation model of the P210. Or they could have made a P211 for the 21st century. They did neither.

There is nothing wrong with a Webley-style barrel lockup in the ejection port. But there is no point in doing it with a round top slide when all the cool kids have moved to flat tops milled for red dot sights. Not unless your sole motivation in engineering is to cut corners.

Oh, and the Swiss have tried the aluminum frame and abandoned it for want of durability. Then again, durability is not an issue in a gun that breaks its recoil spring guide rod after firing a box of ammo.

Neuhausen pistols are the epitome of accuracy, reliability, and ruggedness in a service sidearm. Their mutant offspring from New Hampshire makes for a fine bro blaster second only to a boutique Glock. Jedem das seine.

7. PzGren

PzGren

Ja, aber mir das Meiste:)!

I think Michael has made a good point, if the SIG Sauer P210 is going "modern", then it should do it all the way. SIG had chosen to name the successor of the P49/210 the P75/P220, so P211 would have been a logical consequence for the new redesigned gun.

Just like SpringerTGO, I enjoy shooting the Swiss P210 and cleaning them is also no big hassle, the inside of the gun is as smooth and slick as the outside.

As much as I love to shoot my various P210s for accuracy, I have guns that are easier to shoot fast and get into action faster.

8. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah Sig put the “A” designation after the model number. I guess it was an attempt to differentiate it. It’s definitely no P210 by original design standards, nor from a quality standpoint.

9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Since it is advertised as a carry gun they should have expanded the grip to accept a double stack magazine, or maybe a stack and a half, and added some thin grips. Heck, with that new third party magazine you can have 15 rounds in a G48.

Edit: Still contemplating those 200 yard head shots.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Folks carry P7M8s, 1911s in 9mm, and other "low capacity" 9mm of similar size. If the price isn't a deal breaker, there's a place for it.

ETA- In the video I watched, the SIG guy said for two years running they had folks asking when there would be a carry version so they "listened to the customers".

happyguy likes this.