Sig Sauer P-210 Carry...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Slugo, Jan 24, 2020.

1. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

There are plenty of semi custom 1911 Officer models available that hold the same amount or less, are heavier, and more than double the price. My Nighthawk T3 is a good example. Some people like thinner single stack handguns. If the ergos on the new carry model are similar to the old 210, they are fantastic.
    Sig sees a market for it. Time will tell.

boilergonzo likes this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Profit...

boilergonzo and jame like this.

3. Morgo

Morgo

Close enough.

Given the A prefix designates military use, its a P49.
    The P210-2 is basically the same gun though just with a P prefix.

4. PzGren

PzGren

Well, technically that is a SIG P49, the military version of the P210-2, clearly identifiable by the serial number:).

5. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Well, it's a Sig 210-2 in the same way that an M9 is a Beretta 92. Close enough is close enough. :miff:

Tough crowd in here......

rock185 likes this.
  6. PzGren

PzGren

I am not a tough Kraut, I just know and love "my" SIGs. They are not the same when you import them into the U.S. ATF will make you understand the difference and require a 5 year letter for the P49 or redline it and will let the P210-2 pass. Even though you are technically right, that they are almost identical ( but for the marking and serial number pre-fix and an adjustable trigger stop ) a P210-2 is usually more desirable and in better condition but RIA advertised the gun wrongly. That RIA gun is a second series gun of the fourth delivery, one of 93110 pistols:).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  7. SC Tiger

Not sure if it's been posted but I heard the cost of the new one - $1300.

For a 9mm, single stack carry gun. Not for me.

ETA - just looked into what a Wilson 9mm EDC9 costs. Twice what this Sig is. If the gun is as good as advertised Sig might just do well.

If enough people know what in the hell it is.

8. Dave514

Dave514

I heard a couple hundred less but still a hefty price by comparison to many other carry options.

It will have a niche market. I think of it like a nice watch. You don't need a $1300 watch but people wear them anyway.

The design and function of the 210 is very appealing and I can see people with an affinity for it ignoring the greater weight, lower capacity and higher price just so they have a carry gun in the design they like.

Not for me but after shooting one I can see where someone would be emotionally attached.

happyguy likes this.
  9. SC Tiger

It will, and after thinking about it that's not totally a ridiculous cost. Some custom 9mm 1911s are probably hitting that price point and above. Actually - I just looked up the cost of a Wilson Combat 9mm Carry (the EDC9) after my previous post and it is TWICE the MSRP of the Sig.

Plus the Sig is supposedly accurate as hell. They said they were ringing steel plates at 100 yards (but who knows how big the plates were).

This is where I heard the cost:

I'm not big on carry guns that are so expensive I can't afford to have it seized after a shooting. I'm not gonna go to a Hi-Point but $1300 is a bit much.

But to each his own. That's why there are so many different pistol designs.

Dave514 likes this.
  10. bac1023

bac1023

Ever price some custom 9mm 1911’s?

:faint:

SC Tiger and Dave514 like this.
  11. SC Tiger

Honestly, I consider the 9mm 1911 to be a bit of an abomination. 1911s are supposed to be .45 ACP. Dammit. :miff:

But I did a "Google cruise" and am just now picking myself up off the floor. Sweet Whore of Babylon those things are pricey.

If I want a high-end 9mm I guess I'll buy a Sig 210. :rofl:

12. s&wfan

s&wfan

I still think it's weird that people call the original P210s "target pistols" as if they are just guns that you safe queen and shoot now and then. They were issued in several countries as military sidearms, I think... that means that they are target pistol accurate and military tough, you have to include both of those aspects to really get an appreciation for what a great gun it is.

But I do get it. You come out with a more "blacked out" version that looks like a carry piece so that it's easier to distinguish from the more upscale models, and you give fans of the P210 a chance to own one that they can EDC and not go into a state of depression over if they get some holster wear and/or carry scuffs on it. I get that. I kinda dig it.

rock185 likes this.
  13. bac1023

bac1023

The P210-2 was a commercial version of the military gun.

The P210-1 below was a polished blue version of the -2 with wood grips aimed at the commercial market for those that wanted a nicer looking variant.

Here's a -1 from circa 1954...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rock185 likes this.
  14. rock185

rock185

Hadn't thought of it till just now, but except for the caliber, the 210 might be the epitome of what Col. Cooper called the "Combat Target" pistol.....

15. PzGren

PzGren

Safe queen my ass! I shoot my SIG P210-6 regularly and it is still one of the most common match guns in many European countries, besides Switzerland. SIG P210s have to be divided into service models, like the M/49, 210-4 etc. with the regular service trigger and fixed sights and the target guns with an adjustable trigger stop, target trigger and micro click adjustable target sights.

[​IMG]

rock185 and Rinspeed like this.
  16. Boot Stomper

Boot Stomper

It is an interesting move. I would advertise it as the Gentleman's conceal carry weapon. Carry you Sig 365 in Jeans. A Sig 210 in a suit.

17. SC Tiger

Showoff :miff:

:rofl:

Nice gun.

18. s&wfan

s&wfan

You're arguing my point... we are on the same side here. I said that it's weird to me that a lot of people I see online seem to have the opinion that legitimate P210s are guns that you can only take to the range and shoot now and then. They have a service history that's pretty impressive considering the countries where they were in service had some pretty harsh climate that the gun had to work through.

19. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

I enjoy shooting my P210-6 quite a bit. The indoor range I shoot at doesn't have the best lights so the dab of red nail polish I put on the front sight helps. The frustrating thing for me is that when I don't shoot good groups (usually) I know it's me and not the gun. It is one of the few firearms I own that is actually fun to clean. The parts fitment is really nice to examine.

People are making a big deal over the price of the new one, but in the scheme of things it's not that high of a price compared to Wilson, Brown, Nighthawk, Baer, or any number of other companies that make single stack steel/aluminum carry pistols. It's less than 1/2 the cost of many of those. For that matter, most people looking at those other brands to carry wouldn't want a "cheap" P210 to carry.

heavyduty likes this.
  20. SC Tiger

When you first see the price it kind of screams "How much? For THAT?" That was my first thought.

But after looking at it and comparing it to other 9mm single-stack higher-end carry guns it's really not that bad.