Glock Talk banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,954 Posts
You’ve been in the military long enough to know that preferences meant squat. You carry what’s issued to you.

I’m sure that there are Marines who prefer M1911A1, M45A1, M9, M9A1, M007. Yet they’re going to get the M18 issued to them because The Corps said so. Right now the M27 is what Marine Infantry is getting. Who knows in the future, maybe the USMC might want to get the M5 and join in the fun.

View attachment 1120461

View attachment 1120462
Infantry platoon Sgts and platoon commanders carry M4’s and from what I’ve heard, they will continue to do so. As pictured even Squad leaders are choosing to carry M4’s. In that specific battalion the M4 can be carried. They have all of their M27’s as well.

· Banned
8,859 Posts
I completely understand your points. I can’t argue with that. Sig is very innovative. I think they rush a little to get a product out the door instead of developing it a bit more. They need to improve in this area. Their weapons are 2nd to none but along the lines of what you are saying is they do let the field (customers) give the feedback and then they make changes. Nobody likes that.
It tarnished the hard earned reputation of the company. I agree that they’re very innovative - the P365 was a trend setter.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
I don't believe Sig's new weapon is near final development. This is another generation of MCX and will undoubtedly be upgraded again, and likely soon.
KAC has made upgrades. Most companies do upgrades. Glock is on Gen 5. The Virtus is a solid weapon. Spear has a couple refinements. Slightly lighter and ambie bolt release.

HKis on 5th version of the 416. Colt on the M16 platform has many. Sig has 3rd on MCX. 2 on 516, 3 on MPX. companies do this. Sig is not the only one.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts