Glock Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
SIG America is well known for using customers as beta testers. I think that the Spear is well developed enough to put trust in since that GIs had been putting the XM5 through its paces for the last two years. The Spear light? I’ll wait for a few years yet and let the bugs get ironed out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
One cool thing about the Spear Light is that it comes in 7.62x39 as well. Alas it uses the crappy AR-style mag instead of AK mag. I understand that SIG America doesn’t want to modify the lower receiver, hence they’re sticking with that silly 7.62 banana curve mag instead of AK. Nonetheless the interesting package is ruined by the use of that crappy mag design.
Agreed. Pity they didn't go with an AK mag, but I understand why. Still the CMMG Mutant needs some competition...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
This rifle doesn’t replace the M4A1. Its larger brethren the M5 replaces the M4A1.
The Spear replaces the URGI. Crayon-eaters, rock-painters, weekend warriors, and chair force still have the M16A4 and M4A1. But when those get replaced the Spear LT is the best choice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts