Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,604 Posts
Just what ive been holding out for! Cant wait to get 2 16” models for a red dot and a recce setup. It was between getting a couple high end ars or holding out for these and man these look promising. Hope we can get them soon enough!!
I'm not in the slightest bit interested in a $6 to $7K AR. I am interested in the .277 Fury round, and if and when I can get some brass, I will figure it out for a build.

·
Super Moderator
6,604 Posts
I like it and would buy after Sig makes their usual-silent changes. This rifle probably will be what replaces the M4A1.
Maybe. My bet is elite units get some Spears (.277 Fury), but no way they are going to even qual rank and file with the Spear. SIG will likely get some future contract to replace the M4s with a 5.56 NATO chambering, or maybe something new, but a small frame and this Spear LT could be that.

The Spear is a large frame, and the Fury, as well as the other calibers, 6.5CM and .308 is not going to be available anytime soon. Small frame MCX, in 223/5.56, 300BO is a whole different animal, and $2500ish. Does the release of the MCX Spear LT mean the original MCX is going to be discontinued?

My guess is yes. Banking on the marketing name of the Spear, every tactical Timmy is going to need one to kit up properly. They will sell a lot, just not to folks who don't need "Spear" roll marked on their AR15. 😎😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts