Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Maybe. My bet is elite units get some Spears (.277 Fury), but no way they are going to even qual rank and file with the Spear. SIG will likely get some future contract to replace the M4s with a 5.56 NATO chambering, or maybe something new, but a small frame and this Spear LT could be that.

The Spear is a large frame, and the Fury, as well as the other calibers, 6.5CM and .308 is not going to be available anytime soon. Small frame MCX, in 223/5.56, 300BO is a whole different animal, and $2500ish. Does the release of the MCX Spear LT mean the original MCX is going to be discontinued?

My guess is yes. Banking on the marketing name of the Spear, every tactical Timmy is going to need one to kit up properly. They will sell a lot, just not to folks who don't need "Spear" roll marked on their AR15. 😎😁
All of the tip-of-the-spear units will get the M5.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
One cool thing about the Spear Light is that it comes in 7.62x39 as well. Alas it uses the crappy AR-style mag instead of AK mag. I understand that SIG America doesn’t want to modify the lower receiver, hence they’re sticking with that silly 7.62 banana curve mag instead of AK. Nonetheless the interesting package is ruined by the use of that crappy mag design.

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
SIG America is well known for using customers as beta testers. I think that the Spear is well developed enough to put trust in since that GIs had been putting the XM5 through its paces for the last two years. The Spear light? I’ll wait for a few years yet and let the bugs get ironed out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts