Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what ive been holding out for! Cant wait to get 2 16” models for a red dot and a recce setup. It was between getting a couple high end ars or holding out for these and man these look promising. Hope we can get them soon enough!!

Attachments

·
Semper Paratus
30,888 Posts
My experience with their current models and QC puts me firmly in the Knights , LMT, and Geissele camps.

Reactions: MarkCO

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Just what ive been holding out for! Cant wait to get 2 16” models for a red dot and a recce setup. It was between getting a couple high end ars or holding out for these and man these look promising. Hope we can get them soon enough!!
I'm not in the slightest bit interested in a $6 to $7K AR. I am interested in the .277 Fury round, and if and when I can get some brass, I will figure it out for a build.

·
Registered
9,214 Posts
At $2500 it’s not going to be too difficult to stay away from it. I like the idea, but that $$$ just dies t give me a thing my current AR’s don’t do.

Now a 762-39 converted to 6 ARC might be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
I see these competing heavily with LWRCs, can't wait to get the .300BLK model. They say Sig will release a black color option next month at Sig Freedom Days.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Never buy a first model year.

I like it and would buy after Sig makes their usual-silent changes. This rifle probably will be what replaces the M4A1.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Never buy a first model year.

I like it and would buy after Sig makes their usual-silent changes. This rifle probably will be what replaces the M4A1.
This is still an MCX, all they did was add ambi bolt controls, redesigned handguard, add 7.62x39 option, the color, and lightening cuts throughout the receiver. MCX has been out since at least 2014 and has shown to be a reliable piston option, I wouldn't see the need to wait on this model.

Reactions: MarkCO

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'm going to stay with LWRC and LMT until it's obvious that the Army is really going to stick with the Spear and all the bugs are worked out.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Maybe. My bet is elite units get some Spears (.277 Fury), but no way they are going to even qual rank and file with the Spear. SIG will likely get some future contract to replace the M4s with a 5.56 NATO chambering, or maybe something new, but a small frame and this Spear LT could be that.

The Spear is a large frame, and the Fury, as well as the other calibers, 6.5CM and .308 is not going to be available anytime soon. Small frame MCX, in 223/5.56, 300BO is a whole different animal, and $2500ish. Does the release of the MCX Spear LT mean the original MCX is going to be discontinued?

My guess is yes. Banking on the marketing name of the Spear, every tactical Timmy is going to need one to kit up properly. They will sell a lot, just not to folks who don't need "Spear" roll marked on their AR15. 😎😁

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
This is still an MCX, all they did was add ambi bolt controls, redesigned handguard, add 7.62x39 option, the color, and lightening cuts throughout the receiver. MCX has been out since at least 2014 and has shown to be a reliable piston option, I wouldn't see the need to wait on this model.
Still a “new” Sig. I would wait one year.

·
Semper Paratus
30,888 Posts
What is so bad about their QC?
fit and finish, stocks that still have play when locked , the small things they don't take the time to do right .

·
Registered
488 Posts
fit and finish, stocks that still have play when locked , the small things they don't take the time to do right .
My $800 Tread has superb fit and finish, miles ahead of any M&P15/Sport II. Every single AR stock has a tiny amount of forward and back play in it, from MagPul to OEMs to LWRC stocks, etc.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Most of mine don't. Total War, LMT, Cole, MagPul PRS and PRS lite.
Well most of the ones that come thru the store do incl. LWRC, Magpul have maybe 1 mm of play, the junk $20 mass produced do have significantly more though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They look awesome, but with their price point being in the range of H&K MR223, Barrett, it's not going to do well in my country. Simply too expensive, as these will come in way above Daniel Defense pricing which is already expensive.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Maybe. My bet is elite units get some Spears (.277 Fury), but no way they are going to even qual rank and file with the Spear. SIG will likely get some future contract to replace the M4s with a 5.56 NATO chambering, or maybe something new, but a small frame and this Spear LT could be that.

The Spear is a large frame, and the Fury, as well as the other calibers, 6.5CM and .308 is not going to be available anytime soon. Small frame MCX, in 223/5.56, 300BO is a whole different animal, and $2500ish. Does the release of the MCX Spear LT mean the original MCX is going to be discontinued?

My guess is yes. Banking on the marketing name of the Spear, every tactical Timmy is going to need one to kit up properly. They will sell a lot, just not to folks who don't need "Spear" roll marked on their AR15. 😎😁
All of the tip-of-the-spear units will get the M5.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
One cool thing about the Spear Light is that it comes in 7.62x39 as well. Alas it uses the crappy AR-style mag instead of AK mag. I understand that SIG America doesn’t want to modify the lower receiver, hence they’re sticking with that silly 7.62 banana curve mag instead of AK. Nonetheless the interesting package is ruined by the use of that crappy mag design.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts