Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
30,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plenty of un-boxing and other sundry YT videos, so I'll skip all of that, just share what's impressed me so far, without having gotten it to the range yet.

I got it installed in about 30 seconds, and the mount is absolutely rock-solid, once you adjust it properly for your rails. This thing has heft, and the FTTS mechanism is tight and smooth.

Camera lens Camera Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Machine Motor vehicle

It mounted up virtually perfectly with my absolute co-witness Eotech.....which I had to move forward 2 or 3 rail slots. There is enough room left to get to the rear-mounted buttons on the Eotech, and I didn't have to use either of the included risers. There are adjustments to center the reticle in the magnifier, but it's so close to centered I'm leaving it alone.

Next, I removed the stupid flip-up cap/lens protector from the back of the optic, and this made the FOV wider, and everything is sharpened up a bit. It being on the magnifier seems pretty stupid, as it also blocks the use of the diopter adjustment, which allows the user to crispen-up the reticle/sight-picture.

But....it does add some real weight. You can feel it. But you also have the dual-use option available to you.

It's really cool to see the Eotech's reticle enlarged and sharpened 4X in the magnifier. Spending the $$ for Eotech means that the reticle actually looks crisper and clearer when it's enlarged 4X through the magnifier. I've seen videos of other cheap RDSs, and the reticles smear under the magnification. Also, the Eotech's glass not having any tint is a real bonus. What you see is crisp, clear and bright.
Dog Carnivore Automotive tire Dog breed Cameras & optics

Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Audio equipment Cameras & optics Personal protective equipment

I can't wait to go to the range and try it out at my normal shooting distance, and then some longer distances. And I think a real take-away here, is that a magnifier is as good as the optic it sits behind.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There are plenty of un-boxing and other sundry YT videos, so I'll skip all of that, just share what's impressed me so far, without having gotten it to the range yet.

I got it installed in about 30 seconds, and the mount is absolutely rock-solid, once you adjust it properly for your rails. This thing has heft, and the FTTS mechanism is tight and smooth.

View attachment 982527
View attachment 982528

It mounted up virtually perfectly with my absolute co-witness Eotech.....which I had to move forward 2 or 3 rail slots. There is enough room left to get to the rear-mounted buttons on the Eotech, and I didn't have to use either of the included risers. There are adjustments to center the reticle in the magnifier, but it's so close to centered I'm leaving it alone.

Next, I removed the stupid flip-up cap/lens protector from the back of the optic, and this made the FOV wider, and everything is sharpened up a bit. It being on the magnifier seems pretty stupid, as it also blocks the use of the diopter adjustment, which allows the user to crispen-up the reticle/sight-picture.

But....it does add some real weight. You can feel it. But you also have the dual-use option available to you.

It's really cool to see the Eotech's reticle enlarged and sharpened 4X in the magnifier. Spending the $$ for Eotech means that the reticle actually looks crisper and clearer when it's enlarged 4X through the magnifier. I've seen videos of other cheap RDSs, and the reticles smear under the magnification. Also, the Eotech's glass not having any tint is a real bonus. What you see is crisp, clear and bright.
View attachment 982529
View attachment 982531

I can't wait to go to the range and try it out at my normal shooting distance, and then some longer distances. And I think a real take-away here, is that a magnifier is as good as the optic it sits behind.
Makes me wonder if I backed my Romeo 5 with it would the dot be fuzzy?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would, but I don't own any Colts. I can't get more than two shots off without a major malfunction of some sort and accuracy drops off after about a 100 paces or so, and that's with no wind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts