Sig Sauer 1911 Emperor Scorpion Carry/ recently acquired one, tell me everything.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Brewtactical, Jul 15, 2020.

1. utah

utah

They're all over Gunbroker

2. Brewtactical

Brewtactical

Yeah I’ve watched some on there but they are going for more than I’m willing to pay, it’s not really a buyers market currently.

3. mtnwinds2

mtnwinds2

That's a bummer, Utah. My TacOps 357 is like a laser. I bought it used and was glad to find it. Wish I'd known about yours!

I hope the OP is finding what he was looking for regarding Sig pistols. They, like anything mechanical will fail. I've decided that for myself and for what I want in a pistol, Sig offers more bang for the buck than any other production pistol. I get uncomfortable paying more the $800 for a pistol unless there's something about it I really want. So far, I've been able to find what I want for less than a grand and I'm happy.

Others are more demanding and will pay more for what they want. Who am I to criticize them? Some others don't even think Sig should call their pistols 1911s because of the external extractor or the shape of the slide. To each his own. I've lived long enough to learn that I need to make my own choices, live with the consequences, good or bad, and respect others enough to not ridicule their preferences. Oops, just noticed I'm standing on a soap box.

Brewtactical likes this.
  4. Brewtactical

Brewtactical

Very well said, and thank you all for the responses.

5. utah

utah

If you know anything about 1911's the external extractor is the weakest link, hence the reason some have an internal.