Sig Romeo 5 or Holosun HS510C???

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by JLVL, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Romeo 5

40.0%
  2. Holosun HS510C

60.0%
  1. JLVL

JLVL

Hey guys, looking to see what some opinions might be. I am looking to pick up my first red dot for my AR and was looking between these two. They both seem to be pretty well reviewed, and the price difference seems relatively close. I can get the Sig Romeo 5 for $120, and the Holosun for $195. Was seeing if anyone had experience with either and or both. Thanks all!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig...Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

https://www.bigdaddyunlimited.com/holosun-open-reflex-led-titanium-qd-solar/

2. Dr glock19

Dr glock19

Vortex sparc 2/ar lol for the price points there are better options out there,im not a.fan of sig or holosun

3. JLVL

JLVL

Yeah, I have seen that one tossed around quite a bit. The funny thing is that I have read quite a few people specifically stating that they had that exact sight, and went to one of the two mentioned. In your experience, what makes you prefer the Vortex over the other two? Thanks.

4. Dr glock19

Dr glock19

5. st2012

st2012

I can't speak to the holosun, but I've run the Romeo 5 on 1 of my rifles for the last year (including 2 rifle courses) with no issues at all. I'm a big fan of it.

6. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

Had both. Sent the Romeo 5 packing. The Holosun is better in every way (my opinion, ymmv) unless you are a weight weenie. I love the large field of view and the reticle is super crisp. The Romeo had a strange flaring issue if light was to my back. I had the same issue with 2 I tried. It was worse in sunlight but I could replicate indoors with a light behind me. Very distracting.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1

Holosun makes sigs dot optics also sold as some of primary arms units . Holosun has some features all there own too like the shake awake feature but other wise buy the one You want as both model seems to be a ok units . We have a PA MD-AD on a high mount that looks like the sig model on a AR pistol for 4 years .

8. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    I have a romeo 5 and really like it. Can't speak for the other one.

9. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Holosun for me. Shot an AR with one of the Romeos, and it was ok. The green dot 510c Elite is pretty nice for the money.

0805181718_Film3.jpg

10. Cpt.J

Cpt.J

Just got the Romeo 4T Circle Dot. 100, 000 battery/solar.
    4 different reticles, different mount heights, lens and one of the optics used by FBI. Military Spes.
    Got mine on ebay $366.00.
    Checkout YouTube review.
    Love mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11. Dr glock19

Dr glock19

Never really understood the big field of view (eotech etc) on rifles because you are indexing the same spot and shooting with both eyes open,this voids the big ''field of view'' on the red dot, smaller better imo I put rmr's on everything

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    fnfalman likes this.