GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got a 365 and got all the mags to see which is the best. Got two 10 rounders, one with pinkie rest, one without, a 12 rounder and a 15 rounder. I was surprised to note the 10 round flush fit was the one I shot best, so that's what I carry, use the others on range work. Love the trigger.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The 365 is accurate,reliable and can use a 10/12 or 15 round magazine and it's small so yes I really like it and carry one just about everyday. It comes with night sights from factory and the trigger is excellent all I've done to it is a Sig flat trigger and Talon grips.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I love my 365. I want a hellcat for various reasons. I’ll throw a swampfox optic and apex trigger on it. If smith and Wesson or Glock ever get off their butts and make a decent competitor I’ll sell the hellcat and get one of those. Hell if cz would make a better carry pistol then the p10s (size wise) I’d love that the most.

Sorry for rambling. Point being is sell most of my other carry guns before my p365. I just won’t sell that one.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The gun I usually pocket carry most of the time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Carried a Glock 26 for years, and was very happy with the little chunky guy.
Then the Glock 43 came out, and I was very happy to carry that one.

But when I got my Sig P365 with Manual Safety, I had found my perfect carry gun.
It is extremely accurate, mild to shoot, fits my hand well, has great day/night sights, and is shockingly compact for a 10 round pistol.
The IWB holster from Kusiak makes the gun disappear at the 3 o'clock position.

Sig has sold over a million of the P365 series guns in various versions in less than 3 years.
For me, this one is a keeper. IMG_7883 (Medium).JPG IMG_7887 (Medium).JPG IMG_7889 (Medium).JPG

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Mcrider...thanks for the tip on holster... i like that one...

But when I got my Sig P365 with Manual Safety, I had found my perfect carry gun.
It is extremely accurate, mild to shoot, fits my hand well, has great day/night sights, and is shockingly compact for a 10 round pistol.
100% agree.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Yeppir. I have one. I like it. A lot.

Last fall I had two of them, one with a Streamlight for HD. After awhile I began to think investing over $600 in a HD gun that simply sits around was not wise, so I sold the gun and light, but kept the other P365 for EDC. I've shot that gun in three IDPA matches, including a large sanctioned match last winter in Phoenix, two USPSA matches and two BUG matches. The gun has never even hiccuped.

I will admit, I had to adapt my magazine changes to using my left thumb to hit the mag release button on the way to my mag carrier and I have to be careful when I insert the new mag under match pressure. I've only done it once, but pinching a bit of flesh when you slam the mag home is a b***h and it's damn hard to get that finger free again without dropping the mag. It can be done, but I guarantee a blood blister for the trouble.

I've found with my sized hands that I can get part of my pinky on the gun with the flush 10-round mag and all of my pinky on it with the 10-rounder and extended base plate, so I've got three of those, one flush and three 15-rounders (for the USPSA and IDPA matches). For carry I use the flush in an AIWB rig or a kydex IWB at 3:30, depending on the day's activities. The 15-rounder is my backup mag.

On the other hand, nostalgia won out and I bought a used G26.4 from a fellow GT member and it feels like old home week in a Galco Ultimate Second Amendment AIWB horsehide holster. I'll switch off, depending on clothing and planned activities. The G26 has always performed well in my hands with my limited capabilities; in fact, I ran the IDPA's old Classifier match with a G26 and three 15-round mags with X-Grip adapter and I made Expert with the little gun. That endears it to me.

For HD I invested in a reasonably-priced G23.4 and an Olight Valkyrie tac light, simply because I've shot a G23 and CC'd one in the past and I like the .40 caliber option, especially during these times. It might get CC use again in cold weather when people are dressed in layers (including me). I've got an IWB kydex for 3:30 wear with the G23/with light.

Which brings me to my last gun in my little arsenal: my little LCPII. I can shoot the snot out of this gun or it would be long-gone. I think it will always have a place as a pocket alternative, even compared to the Sig, but where it really shines is in an ankle rig on long drives.

OP - One thing to note with the Sig: the grip texture is a bit tough on bare skin, so in warmer weather it can chafe a bit. I dealt with that by lightly sanding the left side of the grip until it's become noticeable but bearable.

The gun is quite remarkable. There is a reason it's won so many awards. I'm closing in on 2,000 rounds (roughly) and it's shot several types of ammo My CC ammo is Federal HST 124-grain standard pressure. I've shot several mags of this ammo in matches and the recoil isn't a problem at all; still can make fast double taps and head shots out to 20 yards.

For now, I'm keeping the G26 AND the Sig. Who knows what the future holds?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Carried a Glock 26 for years, and was very happy with the little chunky guy.
Then the Glock 43 came out, and I was very happy to carry that one.

The IWB holster from Kusiak makes the gun disappear at the 3 o'clock position.

Sig has sold over a million of the P365 series guns in various versions in less than 3 years.
For me, this one is a keeper. View attachment 849082 View attachment 849084 View attachment 849086
Same here. Carried a G26 for years and really liked it. But when I was finally satisfied with the P365 updates it was great to be able to switch over to it. More comfortable with no loss in performance imo.

·
Who?
482 Posts
I first started carrying in 1993, and have carried from as small as a Kel-Tec P3AT up to a Glock 21 at times. 1911s, M&Ps, 3913, G27, G26, Shield, G43...I've liked them all for a time, but they always end up being uncomfortable and making me cranky within a couple months if not sooner - with the exception of the pocket .380s, but I much prefer at least a 9 if I can help it. I usually end up going OWB with most guns because it's more comfy, but always need more of a cover garment. Then in summer I just end up with a .380 in the pocket because it's so convenient and not uncomfortable.

Got a P365 in stainless at the beginning of this year. Picked up a leather IWB from a guy on Etsy called Braid's holsters. I have never had a carry gun that I liked even close to this much. All summer it rode happily inside my waist band with me in shorts and a t-shirt, never worried about printing, and so comfy that a couple times I actually thought I'd forgotten to put it on, only to find out it was precisely where it was supposed to be on my hip.

It shoots great, it's been perfectly reliable, and it's comfortable to carry. I may grab an XL for when I'm dressed heavier, but really I feel perfectly well armed as a private citizen with 10+1 on my hip and a spare 10 in my back pocket mag carrier.

Do I like it? No, I freaking ADORE it. I'd buy presents for it if I could.

·
Previously Lloyd Elliott
276 Posts
I first started carrying in 1993, and have carried from as small as a Kel-Tec P3AT up to a Glock 21 at times. 1911s, M&Ps, 3913, G27, G26, Shield, G43...I've liked them all for a time, but they always end up being uncomfortable and making me cranky within a couple months if not sooner - with the exception of the pocket .380s, but I much prefer at least a 9 if I can help it. I usually end up going OWB with most guns because it's more comfy, but always need more of a cover garment. Then in summer I just end up with a .380 in the pocket because it's so convenient and not uncomfortable.

Got a P365 in stainless at the beginning of this year. Picked up a leather IWB from a guy on Etsy called Braid's holsters. I have never had a carry gun that I liked even close to this much. All summer it rode happily inside my waist band with me in shorts and a t-shirt, never worried about printing, and so comfy that a couple times I actually thought I'd forgotten to put it on, only to find out it was precisely where it was supposed to be on my hip.

It shoots great, it's been perfectly reliable, and it's comfortable to carry. I may grab an XL for when I'm dressed heavier, but really I feel perfectly well armed as a private citizen with 10+1 on my hip and a spare 10 in my back pocket mag carrier.

Do I like it? No, I freaking ADORE it. I'd buy presents for it if I could.
Pick up the 12 round mag and prepare to adore it even more.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I carry with a flush 10 rounder and a 15 round back up mag at all times
That’s the best combo, in my opinion.

I can carry the gun with the flush mag in the pocket, or iwb comfortably, without printing.

With the 15rd backup mag, that’s 26 rounds in a package that’s highly concealable and still very shootable.

Tough to beat.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
For many carry situations, the P365 has replaced my G42 (but still have the 42..no selling guns).

I hike in high mountain settings (12000+ feet) where weight matters. OC is no issue in mountains and really, a G20 with 15 is an option. But that said, small and light when hiking at high altitudes is nice. And I know the 10mm is better for bears (animal kind). Bears are much less of a potential issue than the other creatures in the mountains that are smaller. Bears dont really like being above treeline.

So many times at high altitude I carried a G42. Now, the P365 has taken over from almost all carry situations.

It is a snappy little pistol, but very shootable.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Have a P365. Like it. Carry it sometimes.

Mostly I carry my .45 Shield, which I love.

Also in rotation: Shield 9mm, G26, G30, LCP2 & M&P M2.0 Compact.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts