GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
24,995 Posts
. I have a 26 I’ll never part with. In my opinion a Sig 365 is a concealed carry pistol. The 26 is a combat pistol. This day and time might need both.
The G26 is not the gun I would pick if I was going into combat - so your post doesn't make any sense to me -

Both are short barreled 10+1 round 9MM handguns - not seeing the big difference you do.

Even though I have only put 400 or so rounds through the P365 I already shoot it better than I ever did the G26 - but could understand other people being the opposite.

Carry whatever you like for whatever reason you like - just not getting the "combat pistol" reasoning.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Who has one? Do you love it?
I have and carry one the P365 as my primary EDC (and before I retired it was my official off-duty pistol). I carried Glock for decades prior to the P365. Either G23, G19 or G26. The Glock is a serviceable pistol but they are blocky. No way around that. When the P365 came out I held off for about a year and a half for the bugs to get worked out. And that's always wise with any new gun. I have no need to be the first on the forum with a new pistol. After waiting till I thought the pistol was solid I got one, qualified with it and have been carrying it daily ever since.

I added a thumb safety and carry with a 12-round mag in the pistol and a 15-round back up mag. The pistol itself has been excellent. Very accurate and recoil is fine and very manageable. The size, weight and thickness are fantastic in relation to the amount of rounds it will hold and having 10, 12 and 15 round OEM mag options are excellent considering other choices are limited in capacity and option. Love the Xray night sights. The pistol has ate everything fed to it including crappy, dirty steel case Win Fireforged ammo.

So no complaints and a solid thumbs up.

·
The eBay Guy
20,652 Posts
The G26 is not the gun I would pick if I was going into combat - so your post doesn't make any sense to me -

Both are short barreled 10+1 round 9MM handguns - not seeing the big difference you do.

Even though I have only put 400 or so rounds through theP365 I already shoot it better than I ever did the G26 - but could understand other people could be the opposite.

Carry whatever you like for whatever reason you like - just not getting the "combat pistol" reasoning.
Yeah, it's definitely not a combat pistol.

·
Registered
24,995 Posts
Before the P365 --

I used a PM9 (6+1) as my EDC 75% of the time
and an M&P9c (12+1) for when I wanted a little bigger gun about 25% of the time

I also have a Keltec P3AT that I used once in a while - when I needed to be sure I did not print - or as a BUG when I traveled at night. Hate those rest stop restrooms in the middle of the night.

After the P365
I am carrying the P365 90% of the time
and the M&Pc with 17 round mag & x-grip insert / so 17+1 when I want a bigger gun

I am struggling trying to decide - should I sell my PM9 and keep the P3AT as my pocket gun -

Or man up and use the PM9 as my pocket pistol and sell the P3AT. Eliminating my one and only .380.

Course I could also see selling the M&P9c and getting a 12 or 15 round mag for the P365. But am not ready for that yet.

I have already dumped about 1,000 rounds of .380 ammo that I bought 15 years ago - still have 400 left so I could put together a pretty nice package - gun + ammo + holsters and since I have not carried or shot the .380 in a long time - I don't see much reason to keep it - as long as I can adjust to the PM9 in my pocket.

Now is a good time to be selling stuff - gun show in 11 days - so I have a little time.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Even though I have only put 400 or so rounds through the P365 I already shoot it better than I ever did the G26 - but could understand other people being the opposite.

it’s a Glock. Take any mag from 10 rounds to 33 rounds. Ruggedly built. Parts readily available. I have a 21, 19, 26, and 43. The 26 is the most versatile. SHTF I’ll go 26.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have the SAS. I have less than 500 through it, but all trouble free. The SAS imo has both good and bad points. In good natural light, it is fast and intuitive. As the light quality declines, so does my ability with it In darkness I can see , but slowly. If I did a do over, I would get the regular version.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
After much Sig bashing over the rollout of the 365 I broke down and bought a SAS version in July.

I actually like it and as soon as I can find an XL at a decent price, I plan on buying one of those as well.
Until reading your post, I was ignorant of Sig offering anything but the standard & xl models of the p365. So thanks for posting. I read up on the SAS and am intrigued. Seems like a clever idea with the sights, especially. Need to put one in my hands first, but might have to add one of those to the stable. Had leaned towards a Hellcat for my next gun, but this P365 SAS has me interested.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Long story - short(er) -

I have owned/tried the following for EDC (in order) - G43; Walther PPS M2; P365; P365XL; G43X.

All are great choices - would not sh*t on any of them.

For me, I go with the P365XL for EDC 100% of the time. Size/Cap all work for me. They all shoot about the same for me. When I carried the P365, I always went with the 12 round magazine and I like having my pinky on the grip. That, and as the extra barrel length on the 365XL made no difference in carry comfort - made the 365XL the choice over the others.

(My 365 had a manufacture date of 5/2018. Had a few failures to extract - sent it in. 1000+ rounds after getting it back - zero issues. Zero issues with the P365XL.))

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
"Who has one?": I do!

"Do you love it?" Yes!

I actually have two. I bought the 365 a couple months after it came out, then purchased a manual safety version a year later. Both have been 100% reliable.

For the size and capacity, I haven't found anything else I would choose over it. I thought the Hellcat might change my mind, but after shooting one, I am sticking with my 365. It is a great, small firearm!

Here is mine:
upload_2020-10-15_14-6-18.png

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
I run my P365 with the XL grip module and just converted it to a P365x with manual safety today. I really like this configuration without the longer slide. Although, when things go back to normal, a P365XL might find its way to my safe. :flag:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I’ve had one for a couple os years now. It is a very good carry choice IMO. Positives on size, capacity, sights, and trigger. Mine has been super reliable through 4000 rounds.

·
Come on man!!
14,848 Posts
Until reading your post, I was ignorant of Sig offering anything but the standard & xl models of the p365. So thanks for posting. I read up on the SAS and am intrigued. Seems like a clever idea with the sights, especially. Need to put one in my hands first, but might have to add one of those to the stable. Had leaned towards a Hellcat for my next gun, but this P365 SAS has me interested.
I bought mine specifically for pocket carry. It fills that niche nicely.

Reactions: camelsfly
41 - 60 of 85 Posts