GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the XL w/ rmsc, it's pretty fantastic on all accounts. If I didn't already have other good "bug" choices I would, without question get the P365.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Idontplaynice I don't pocket carry and do the size of the standard P365 I have no interest in it do to size or the heck-kitty . Its to small for me or for my little 5-2 wife to have any interest in .

I did buy a p365xl for when a smaller carry option is needed in a IWB holster rig of course . I like the XL well enough , ours has a nice lite 4lb 10oz striker trigger and its easy to shoot quickly and accurately for the size . When I say accurately my wifes send mag full of ammo she shot two 6 shot groups one handed in to 1.5" groups at 10 yards . Nether group was slow fired . As the sights settled on target again she fired , maybe 1 round per second and it is optic ready if ether of use decide that's needed . Not bad for a 64 year old 5-2 lady . The XL also carrys well in a couple 1911 officers holsters we have . MY wifes EDC is a kimber ultra 9mm and the XL fits the same holsters we have very well . So the little p365 or the heck-kitty pistol are not on our radar to ever buy .

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the XL my friend has and while I have long fingers and best like the G21 and G20 frames I shoot that little P365 well. Nice trigger.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have one and do carry it a lot. What I like about it is it's reliability. It shoots what I have put in it so far. It is accurate. It points well and it conceals well. I can carry it is a vest, ankle rig or waistband.
It carries nice in one of the belly band holsters. The size of it allows several rounds to be carried, and I can carry it anywhere and it is not noticed at all.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Mine has replaced a couple of previous favorite EDC guns.
I used to have a Shield I liked a lot and couldn’t believe the 365 was smaller!
The grip is almost too small for but I fixed that with a Hogue slip on grip.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Yep, I have one for deep conceal situations. pocket carry in a Vedder pocket locker. the G26 is riding these days.

And yes, I love it. great little shooter for it's size.

Would I rather shoot a full size pistol? of course. but I cannot deep conceal a full size like I can the P365.

Also, just throwing this out there. I had my tiny wife shoot both the P365 with iron sights and the G23 with a trijicon SRO and she shot the P365 much better and loved shooting it. With her tiny hands (she's about 110 lbs, 5ft2in) the P365 looks like a full size. She liked it so much we bought a P365 for her.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I like mine. I've even shot an IDPA match with it. It did well. Did have a problem with 12 and 15 round mag springs "taking a set". I had left them loaded for several months, unloaded social ammo and reloaded target/ball ammo. On several stages noticed that the gun was locking back prematurely with a round or two still in the mag. Then on last stage, the spring was stuck about halfway down with 4-5 rounds still in mag when I unloaded. Need to check those springs. Really like the gun, just don't have enough rounds downrange with it to trust it to carry yet.

·
Registered
25,001 Posts
I'm trying to talk myself into getting a 365 to replace my G26. What say you? Yes or No?
I sold my GEN4 G26 for $500 and bought a P365 for $500 (actually $531 with tax)

I could just never get comfortable while CCing a G26 - too thick for its size - I felt more comfortable CCing a G19. So why bother with a G26?

The only thing a G26 has over a P365 is its ability to take G19, G19 and G18 mags -

So if you had a big investment in other 9MM Glocks, or maybe you shoot the G26 so much better - the G26 would make sense - otherwise

P365>G26 for me in every other way.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
Mine replaced a G43 and a Shield 2.0, and run the XL grip module on it, and it fits my hand perfectly. I got two base plates from Tactical Development, so I can run my factory 10 round mags flush on the XL frame. It and my Hellcat use the same holsters.

Both the P365 and the Hellcat have their advantages, the Hellcat is a little snappier, but it has gone through a 20K round test and passed with flying colors. It is built like a tank.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/02/20k-endurance-hellcat-9mm/

·
Registered
666 Posts
I didn't mean to derail anything. I just have never cared for small guns and not compensating for anything. The G20 just happens to be what I shoot well.
Yes you did. The OP's question was about who has the P365 and do they love it. You have no answer to either question, but had to post a derogatory comment and photo and compare it to your own large handgun totally unlike the OPs questions. Class act. Your only purpose was to throw poop on the OP's gun and his thread. Your two posts added nothing to this discussion. Nothing.

OP, on a more pleasant note. I have two P365s and they are most excellent carry handguns. The two year old one has 2,200+ plus rounds through it without a single bobble of any kind. They newest one is still in my mandator 500 round trial period before being carried.

My just-bought-this-morning optics ready P365 XL is due to arrive at my FFL dealer in two days. I have never used an optic on a handgun, but will likely give one a try with the XL. The 365 has simply totally replaced my other carry guns for warm or cool weather carry. Depending on how I like the XL it may also be used for coat weather when I normally switch to my G19s.

Is the P365 my choice as the best home defense gun? No, not at all. If I knew that a couple of bad men were going to break down my back door and I only have a handgun to fight them with I wouldn't choose the 365. I would meet them with my 1911 Kimber .45s, or my G19s or my several other larger and heavier handguns in both caliber and/or physical size.

But when I'm off my property I'm always armed and the P365 is pretty much an every day carry do-all for size, capacity, night sights, good trigger and easy to shoot. My G43s are lovely and were my favorite warm and cool weather carry guns until the P365 came along. Only wished they had the capacity of the little Sig.

OP, to answer your question, Yes I do love my P365s and expect to feel the same about my coming 365 XL. Hope you feel the same about yours.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
776 Posts
Being able to carry factory 12 and 15 round mags for the P365 make it able to fight on a bigger arena. I sold my G26 and kept my G17 and G19 for different roles. Since I run the XL module, I have 12+1 and a 15 round backup. Not too shabby.

And as someone else stated, changing back to the stock P365 module is done in less than a minute.

Reactions: snowbird.40
21 - 40 of 85 Posts