Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything similar soon??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KAYSPOP, Sep 23, 2020.

1. knsbbq

knsbbq

4000 rounds down range and two failures to fire (ammo related) Sig p226 with about as many rounds has the same ftf. Now my Glocks eat anything. Just my thoughts the p365 was not the great savior they made it out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep380 likes this.
  2. 8X8

8X8

I used to be Glock only for years. After trying other pistols like HK and Sig I realized don’t like the grip angle of Glock and even think I can carry a larger pistol that is not Glock better and more concealed AIWB. Put a Glock and a similar size pistol side by side sights down on the corner of a window cill. Bet the Glock sticks further out than HK/Sig, etc.

Deputydave likes this.

3. SusieQ

SusieQ

Regarding mag capacity, I never know what will be "enough." In an active shooters situation, I don't want to assume that 10 rounds or less will do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Deputydave likes this.
  4. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

You and me both!

Para-bellum likes this.
  5. yep380

yep380

Good to hear you’ve got a gun (Taurus or otherwise) that works for you.

I’ve known too many folks (in real life) with Taurus horror stories, including malfunctioning guns being sent back and kept for a year. I’ll never own one.

6. Terry G

Terry G

After shooting and carrying a Hellcat I realized I really didn't need a gun that small and went back to the P-01 and CZ 97b. IWB is not for me, so I don't limit myself. I'm keeping the Hellcat because I like it and it's a super back up gun. I don't own a Taurus G2C, but I have fired hundreds of rounds through my Friends and can't fault it except that the trigger takes getting used to I could say the same about my Glock's. I've always said it's easier to fit the hand to the tool than the tool to the hand. IMG_3704.JPG

7. CladderPup

CladderPup

My first carry gun was a Sig P238. I eventually sold it and moved on to other guns, but I always had fond memories of that gun, despite all of what I have learned about Sig's business practices of using their customers as beta testers and outsourcing production to India, so when I saw one on sale this spring, I picked it up.

This is what my gun was doing after a very low round count, maybe 200 rounds:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu6nZ7LBs34

So....yeah. Barrels aren't supposed to do that. I sold that gun and will never be buying another Sig Sauer--at least one made in Exeter. Resist the temptation. Hell, I'd take a risk that my money will go toward bribing a corrupt Illinoisian government official (they're all corrupt over there, btw) by buying a Hellcat before I buy another Sig.

HEXE9 likes this.
  8. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

Think about it - Glock fanboys have wanted a PCC since forever, and last year we got... a .22 caliber pistol that is in every other way the size of a G19.

Yeah, I think you are dead-nuts on.

9. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

Think about how many young people learn to shoot .22. A person learning to shoot a G44 will be an easy transition to a G19 when the time is right. Also, people are buying conversion kits to be able to shoot the cheaper (Especially now) .22. Glock may not give all of us what we want, but they do have a path in mind.

10. camelsfly

camelsfly Previously Lloyd Elliott

If a competitor came out with a P365 like gun I would for sure take a look and who knows probably buy it if I like it. Unless my P365 starts giving me problems in the future it is not going anywhere.
    It is a keeper. Not only is it a keeper but I will buy another in the future. It is by far my favorite CCW.

11. Terry G

Terry G

I bought an AA kit for my 21, Like $175.00.

12. SusieQ

SusieQ

I liked that my Ruger PC carbine could use a Glock mag well, but ended up selling it because I didn't like the balance of it.

ThatGuyYouKnow likes this.
  13. Deputydave

Have you looked at the Sub 2K? I have a couple, use G17 mags and have been great for me. And it folds up very small. One of mine is on the third page of this thread;

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=290

14. SusieQ

SusieQ

California compliance takes some of the fun out of it.

camelsfly and Deputydave like this.
  15. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Carry a gen3 g27 mostly and a P365 with the 10 and 12 rd mags. I sold my g43 Vickers edition after I bought this NRA P365. Great carry pistol but my g27 will always be on my side the most.

20200517_212830.jpg
    20200520_022129.jpg

camelsfly and Deputydave like this.
  16. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

deputy', have a Sub 2000, and keep it, even tho' it's not my favorite PCC. The small package and across-state-lines portability are hard to top, plus its absolute safety when broken. it just isn't much fun to shoot.
    The 365 has set an amazingly high bar; little wonder that it has been a national bestseller.
    Moon

Deputydave and camelsfly like this.
  17. FoodBag

FoodBag Previously nutsnax

Vuurwapen HMC-9

18. Deputydave

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=344

There is a good video in that thread. While a lot of MCarbo stuff really isn't needed, some of it is quite helpful. I put in the recoil gasket that is suppose to soften recoil like 30% as well as the cushioned pad you slide over the tube. While 9mm doesn't have massive recoil, a check on that bare metal buffer tube starts to hurt. Those two fairly inexpensive add-ons did make a difference towards making it more comfortable to shoot.

19. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Depty', thanks, I will have a look at their website.
    Mine is a Gen I that I bought used, and paid too much...they were made of unobtanium back then.
    What can beat you up with blowback carbines is the bolt ending its stroke, rather than cartridge recoil itself.
    Oddly, a now-departed Ruger Mini 14 of mine wore a shrink wrapped cover on its bare steel stock, and it did help. I used wire sleeve.
    Best,
    Moon

Deputydave likes this.
  20. BlackJack24

BlackJack24

I've decided to sell mine. I just can't get comfortable with the grip angle after carrying Glocks for years. Both on and off the job. I just got home from vacation in California and was up in the air on which gun I was going to take. I wasn't overly concerned about the ridiculous gun laws thanks to LEOSA but at the same time I'd rather not draw any attention.

I ended up taking my Glock 45 over the Sig and wore it in a Desantis leather holster with FBI cant. I used a blue alpha gear belt and kept the gun high and tight around my 5 o'clock. I was able to conceal pretty easily in shorts and a t-shirt. This last week pretty much made the Sig irrelevant for me.

There's no question which gun I would rather have in my hands if I had to pull it out and I've learned that I can conceal a full size duty gun pretty well. The Sig is off to find a new home and the 45 is going on strong. I just ordered some goodies for a custom slide build for it. I tried really hard to love the Sig, but it's just not for me. [​IMG]