Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything similar soon??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KAYSPOP, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

That's absurd.

At least be realistic.

Glock's P365 equivalent will have already been out for 3 or 4 years at that point.

;)

2. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

3. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

I looked at the P365. For me it was a tad too small grip wise. I went with the 43x with Shield S15 mag which is perfect for me and great to carry. That said if Glock made a P365 size pistol it would sell to the smaller is better or pocket pistol crowd.

boilergonzo likes this.
  4. tango44

tango44

No needs for, they are selling whatever they want with other models, 19's, 17's, etc.

I like my 365 and it's my daily carry, but I will never sell any of my Glocks because of that!

5. drumgod

drumgod

OBLIG: I heard glock was going to introduce a 365 sized pistol that holds 15 rounds and shares mags with their carbine platform. :okie:

Seriously though. Glock hasn't been particularly innovative in decades. On top of that, they've discontinued the gen4s... The product line that finally got me on board with their giant plastic funkyness to begin with. The slim pistols are okay but I have zero interest in the gen5s. For me, they're a step backwards. (I do like the trigger spring setup better though.) Glock just isn't "in it" for the civilian CC market.

6. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

Good for you. They just don't fit my hand well, and we keep sending about 30% of them back due to the issues with the slide stop.

7. GlockyQ

GlockyQ G43 Fanboy

If Glock really wants to attract subcompact CCW buyers who are capacity hungry, they should make what some of us call “G43XS” (or G43X “Short”). It will be a shortened versions of the G43X with the same grip length as the original G43. The “G43XS” will house a flush fit 8 rounder OEM magazine, which is basically a shortened version of the G43X/G48 10 rounder magazine.

Then MagGuts would produce their +1 and +2 conversion kits for the “G43XS” to make the gun an ideal EDCW with 9+1 capacity with a flush fit magazine and 10+1 capacity with a minimum extension. Of course G43XS will be able to take the existing OEM 10 rounder mags for the G43X/G48, as well as a SA 15 rounder all metal mag (with an appropriate aftermarket metal mag catch).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    HEXE9, Maccabeus and snowbird.40 like this.
  8. knsbbq

knsbbq

Just get a Taurus G2c and move along if you want a p365. I have owned both. And Lord help me the G2c wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

boilergonzo and halfmoonclip like this.
  10. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Wins at what?

I guess it depends upon what you want it for. I don't want a gun that much larger for a super-small gun. For that size, I can think of a few guns I would choose over the G2c. But we each get to chose.

It certainly doesn't win with regards to size:
    [​IMG]

Maccabeus likes this.
  11. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

It wins at not being a new innovative pistol

12. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

I own a G2 and G3c. They're much closer in size, actually a bit larger, than my Glock 26 and 27.

Maccabeus likes this.
  13. yep380

yep380

Lol, you lost me at “Taurus”!

14. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

I hope so. Glock needs another 9mm.

There was a time I was going to own all of Glock's 9mm models. They accepted my challenge.

15. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

The G2c or G3c would be comparable to the Glock 26 in terms of overall size and utility with the Taurus being a bit taller due to a couple more rounds of capacity. The G2s would be comparable to the Glock 43 in terms of overall size and utility. But neither would be comparable with the Sig P365 which is much smaller and thinner. Right now the only model that I can think of that would directly compare is the Hellcat.

Having said that, I'd love to see Glock (not going to happen), HK, Taurus, S&W, Ruger etc come out with direct competition to the P365/HC in terms of size, capacity, options etc. Such competition is good for the consumer and fodder for about a thousand new threads, lol.

Personally, I'd love to see HK come out with a hammer-fired pistols about the size of the P365 in both LEM and DA/SA with de-cocker/thumb safety and really nice night sights like the Xray sights. That would be most interesting.

Para-bellum and yep380 like this.
  16. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

What would trip my trigger is a 380 just a little smaller than the G42, with the capacity of the 365.
    But then, the 42 and the 365 are already about like Baby Bear's porridge. Never mind.
    Moon

Deputydave likes this.
  17. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

If HK/CZ/SW came out with something like my 365...my 365 would be gone tomorrow lol. Esp hammer fired

Deputydave and Maccabeus like this.
  18. soutthpaw

soutthpaw

He is not comfortable cqrrying a fully factory P365 and your want him to replace his entire Glock lower with an aftermarket one. That would not even be a carry gun ever.
    It's a cool looking lower though. But not something to bet one's life on.

19. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

To each their own. Stick with what you are comfortable with using.

I personally do not have any problem using an 80% frame as long as it was built correctly and fully tested on the range. If any firearm that is put together/built at home is not trustworthy, then I guess I better get rid of all my Polymer 80 pistol frames and the majority of my AR15 rifles and AR15 pistols.

20. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

I own a G2c, I bought it for a "Truck Gun", and it serves that purpose well. Size of a G26 with 12 rounds, and one that I would not cry over if I had to use it to defend myself and the Law took it.

It is funny how Glock and SiG people are like the Hatfield's and the McCoy's.