Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything similar soon??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KAYSPOP, Sep 23, 2020.

1. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Tactical Elf"

2. Pete Perfection

Pete Perfection

3. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

I'll just stay with my Glock 23

4. CBennett

CBennett

I like and took my 43X on purpose..I could have had either the 365 or hellcat for only $20-30 more but passed. I do multi state carry and the 10 round Glock mag was the one that actually fit what I wanted it for where in a couple states I carry in the larger (over 10) rounders are a no go..

They all feel nice in hand..if there were no "mag restrictions" anywhere I may have gotten one of the others..BUT the Glock fell squarely where I wanted so thats what I got.

Oh and Glock wont I dont think bother going the Hellcat /365 route they will stick with what they got. most you will possibly see is some extended mags to give the 43/43X capacity increases.

5. Pluto57

Pluto57

The P365 standard magazine is 10 rounds. You could carry the 10 round magazine when necessary and then switch to the 12 or 15 round magazine otherwise. I personally feel like the 15 round magazine extends too far for carrying, but it does make a good backup magazine.

6. CBennett

CBennett

Yeah I almost got it ;)

7. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

That's right in the range I paid and gotta say that I've been very pleased with their pricing and quick shipping in the past. Prices are up now of course but I'm figuring about the second, maybe third quarter of next year things will be back to normal. I hope!

Yep, that's what I've done and made the 15-rounder the back up mag and keep a 12-rounder in the pistol. I feel pretty good about that set up and it's only shy 3 rounds of the G26 I use to carry with G19 mags (and Xgrip) but a lot smaller, more comfortable package.

8. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

As regards SIG magazines, yeah, they are mighty proud of them, tho' bargains are to be had. Those of us who survived the Clinton ban like to have a metric (redacted)ton of magazines.
    Arguably, the 365's magazine is a lot of what makes the pistol remarkable, and it has shown itself reliable and accurate. Yeah, I drank the 'Glock perfection' kool aide, but others make good guns too.
    Had a SIG MPX for awhile; it had some reliability issues, but the $60 mags finally sent me to a Scorpion; cheap OEM mags, and works all the time. Sometimes SIG's bottom line gets in the way of good judgement.
    Moon

9. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

OP, the SIG 365 is a great gun. It hasn't been the top selling gun for two years (and possibly earning a third) by being bad or unreliable. It is an awesome option.

The Hellcat and G43 are good guns, and we get to pick, but Glock is late to the party (again!). I don't anticipate anything new from them in the short term.

Whether it is a .380 Bodyguard, a 9mm Shield, or a 365, Glock's response is 3-4 years off target. I don't anticipate this being any different. They may come up with something, but it will be a late entry to a hot market. How they ignored their customer base and still had amazing loyalty is a lesson for the history books. Most companies would have seen loyalty begin to decline years ago. Now they have lost customers who WANTED to be loyal, but they seem to be hanging on. An interesting subject for brand economics and loyalty, for sure!

But just as Glock isn't fawning over you for advice or input, you don't need to be faithful and loyal to them. If you like the 365, enjoy! If Glock does ever come out with a viable option, try it out and see what you think!

10. yep380

yep380

I’ll also add this; Glock was late to the party with the G43. I read somewhere that S&W had sold 1 million shields BEFORE the the G43 ever shipped. The G43 still sold well (I bought one). My understanding is people are still buying them, although the current craziness may have something to do with it.

The point is, if Glock ever does design and ship something to compete with the P365 and Hellcat, they will sell and probably sell well. I’d personally rather have a Glock ‘cause I happen to like the simplicity of them.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    snowbird.40, OdinIII and Deputydave like this.
  11. shadowlands

shadowlands

I sold my Glock 43 in favor of a Sig P365.
    I'm happy now. I can pocket the Sig as well as I did my G43.

Sigb.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  12. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Hey amigo. Nice looking gun. ;) Have you had the time to really 'run it' yet? How do you like it. How reliable has it been thus far for you?

Stay safe

CM
    :horse:

SusieQ, shadowlands and snowbird.40 like this.
  13. shadowlands

shadowlands

Only 200 rounds so far. Trying not to burn away too much ammo. 200 rounds of ball and some JHP's and no issues. In fact, for some odd reason I was more accurate with it than my G17.

14. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Hear ya on the ammo.... Glad it is running good for you amigo. 200rds no issues. Probably won't be then . ;)

Thanks man.
    Be safe and well.

CM
    :horse:

15. bitcoin

bitcoin

Honestly I had a lot of reasons to want to hate my p365 and now it gets carried every single day and I love it. I was never a fan of the polymer sigs but man this thing is good. Pocket carry it every day. Hard to justify carrying anything else when I can do 26 rounds of 9mm in a pocket and a spare mag in another pocket. Easy, discrete, reliable, adequate caliber. Can't ask for much more. I would prefer a Glock, though.

16. MedicineBow

MedicineBow Formerly TFLWYO

I really don’t care if Glock does or does not make anything similar soon. My Sig P365 and P365 XL have been awesome to the point of not needing any Glocks except my 42.

17. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

If the trigger flippie is done right, it won't bother you. VP9 has one, depresses flush, doesn't bother me. I have no idea why Glock persists in making the durn thing stick out like a pea under the mattress.

I considered the 365, and almost immediately decided I preferred the XL. Then thought, wait this is about the same size as a 43X. And I like the 43X. So I haven't bought a 43X yet, but it's gonna happen. And I consider that (and the 365XL) a belt gun.

My 'pocket gun' when I want that is a Kahr pm9. Solid metal trigger, very nice. 7 or 8 rds depending on which mag is in the gun, and spare mags carry super easy cuz they're thin.

18. SusieQ

SusieQ

I have my P365 on a P365XL grip module, so the slide isn't any longer than the 365, but I get more to grip. I find it to be very concealable.

I like both the 43X and P365 with an XL grip module. Keepers, for different reasons.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

yep380, Grabbrass and Deputydave like this.
  19. HCSO29

HCSO29

I bought a Hellcat when they first came out. Took it to the range one time and traded it back to the store. Just did not like the feel of the gun in my hand.
    I also used to have a Glock 43X. Really enjoyed it but sold it off when something more pressing came up and I needed some funds. I would buy one again, though.
    Having said all that, I carry my Sig P365 every day with a 12-round mag and a 15-round mag as backup. Love it! It is also a pleasure to shoot.

halfmoonclip and Deputydave like this.
  20. hivel9mm

hivel9mm

I agree. Decades from now when we’ll have laser guns and phasers set to stun, Glock will finally introduce a handgun to compete against the P365 of the past.