GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
My man you are hysterical. Imagine that! Spending a few dollars on a gun to buy aftermarket parts. Incredible! Never heard of! Preposterous! Let’s ditch the option just for that, shan’t we?

But not only your arguments are useless, your math can use some help to:

One mag for the Sig 365 is $60 from the Sig website
One mag plus the connector will run you a whopping $67 for the first mag only obviously, the following mags will be actually cheaper. Each subsequent Shield Arms mag will cost $40, making up completely for the initial cost of the mag release.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-micro-compact-12rd-9mm-mag.html

https://shieldarms.com/magazines

Try to find some other argument to discredit the G43x, because yours work only for those who don’t pay attention.
Nobody pays $60 for a P365 magazine. All mine have been less than $40.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
15 round mags here:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-micro-compact-15rd-9mm-magazine.html?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

Not the $40 I paid, but not $60, so knock $30 off your scenario.
So the 12 rounds is more expensive than the 15 rounds? Odd, but you are correct. I googled “sig 365 mag”, opened the 12 rounds mag page and verified the price. Did not think that a mag with more capacity would be cheaper, usually is the opposite. Thanks for the correction

Back to my rebuttal: in that case one would spend exactly the same to buy 3 15 rounds mags, which still makes the argument moot and useless.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
What you paid won’t help neither OP nor anybody else.
Apparently you didn't even read the OP and decided to jump right in with nasty remarks because something triggered your emotions. The OP didn't even ask about the cost of 15-round mags though you seem to be oddly concerned about it. And again, in my post that you quoted, everything I said was 100% factual and wasn't even directed at you. I was talking with someone else.

As for telling me to calm down no worries I find your stuff entertaining but also very misleading since you always have to drive your agenda.
Again, you're simple triggered and lashing out. My comments, which you quoted were 100% factual and cannot be rebutted. No one was even discussing numbers of magazines or past or current pricing except for your rant.

Try to post something honest for a change.
You being triggered and emotional and not liking a post does not make it dishonest. That you think it does speaks volumes about you. Perhaps you should take a breath, drink a nice hot cup of tea and reread the post you quoted and be honest with yourself because what I posted was factual. You're approval wasn't sought or needed.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The Hellcat trigger is to heavy IMO and the rear U notch is not wide enough.

Best thing to do if you have a Hellcat is change the rear sight to the all black serrated sight that came on the XDS and leave the front sight alone, those guns sights are interchangeable as far as I can tell so it should be easy enough to find that all black serrated rear.

I would lighten up that Hellcat trigger as well, last time I looked their was one or two options but I don't remember exactly what it was.

I kept a Hellcat for a few months but never warmed up to it and traded it, I believe the 43X and 365 which I also had and still do are easier to shoot accurately and have better sights. Hellcat not bad just need to improve trigger and rear sight.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
15 round mags here:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-micro-compact-15rd-9mm-magazine.html?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

Not the $40 I paid, but not $60, so knock $30 off your scenario.
Exactly. I believe I purchased all of my 15-rounders from Osage and they were on sale for right around $32 give or take a few pennies. Of course prices are up across the board but I really feel he was being intellectually dishonest by looking for the highest price to make a point that nobody was even discussing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What you paid won’t help neither OP nor anybody else. The price from Sig is now $60, and that is the only fact everybody can verify.

So assuming the regular 3 mags people tend to buy:

1) Sig $180 which is double what you say you paid, but it is what everybody else would have to pay now.

2) Glock 43x with 3 Shield mags $147 including the mag catch.

Your point is unhelpful and as usual void.

As for telling me to calm down no worries I find your stuff entertaining but also very misleading since you always have to drive your agenda. Try to post something honest for a change.
I realize this is very emotional for you, but can you point out on the doll where the bad p365 magazine touched you. It’s going to be ok, we will help you through this.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Try to post something honest for a change.
Well, lets take a close look at what triggered you so badly and you think was dishonest...

The other member posted this comment:

How about a Glock 43x with Shield Arms 15 round mags? That set-up kinda trumps the Sig 365 and the Springfield Hellcat in the way of capacity.

Here was my reply that triggered you so badly and you called dishonest:

Actually, it really doesn't. The Sig P365 has OEM 10, 12 and 15 round mag options. The 43X with the Shield Arms 15 round mag requires another part to not damage the Glock i.e. metal mag release. This means you have to buy the non-OEM part and the non-OEM mag to achieve what the Sig has already had for quite some time.

So the other member perhaps wasn't aware the the P365 has other capacity options. So I pointed out that the Shield Arms 15 round mag requires a separate part in addition to the magazine to operate correctly. That's a fact. Otherwise, according to Shield Arms themselves it may not operate correctly and the SA mag can cause damage to the Glock it's used in. That was on their website the last time I viewed it. Additionally, members here have reported damage after not using that additional part and have also reported malfunctions. That is also a fact unless you're going to call SA and other members range reports a lie?

I also pointed out the capacity options that already exist with the P365 and that no additional part is necessary. That is also a fact.

You were the one that went off on some tangent rant about mag cost and have been educated that your pricing is not the only or the best pricing. And it wasn't even a part of the conversation YOU quoted and got so upset about.

So please, knock off your crap. If you can't post truthfully or in a friendly fashion go somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
So the 12 rounds is more expensive than the 15 rounds? Odd, but you are correct. I googled “sig 365 mag”, opened the 12 rounds mag page and verified the price. Did not think that a mag with more capacity would be cheaper, usually is the opposite. Thanks for the correction

Back to my rebuttal: in that case one would spend exactly the same to buy 3 15 rounds mags, which still makes the argument moot and useless.
Not really. No replacement parts and the P365 is more compact. I'll take a P365 with factory magazines over a 43X with an aftermarket part and aftermarket magazines. That's just me, of course because I like my guns stock. I guess if I was stuck with a G43X, I might consider going that route, but if I decided that 15 round magazines were that important, I'd probably sell it and buy a P365. More likely, tho, I'd just stick with Glock magazines because 10 rounds is enough. It's how I carry my P365 anyway.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
718 Posts
Glocks are fantastic pistols, but why some people get their panties in a bunch anytime someone even comes close to saying that, "Glocks are Not Sent by God to Save all of Humanity", eludes me.

24705.jpg

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
After a lot of years of Glocks (still like the 42 and the 19), the 365 sent me down the SIG rabbit hole. The two best things about the 365 are its size (scarcely bigger than that 42) and its trigger; the 10 rounds are just a bonus.
I can hit things with the SIG, and think it is more pleasant to shoot than a now departed G43.
As a PP noted, Glock will never be able to match compact magazine capacity as long as they remain wedded to their half poly mags.
Moon

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Sig mags are $43 at Osage right now. Some are out of stock, some are not.

I believe I paid $32 or maybe even $35 for my P365 mags (bought a few 10, 12, and 15 round).

Hopefully the prices will get better after Nov.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to chuckle about the mag price discussion. In California both the P365 and 43X are on the roster of guns I can't buy new. Prices are dictated by desirability and scarcity in the used gun market. The combo of a 43X and P320M17 cost me $2000. The P365 cost me $1700. You don't want to know what I paid for a CZ Shadow 2 and P320X5 Legion. So, I don't get my panties in a bunch over magazine costs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
"The Goose"
3,259 Posts
I much prefer the G43 over the Sig 365. Far too much emphasis is being placed on capacity of a self defense handgun. Just how many rounds are you going to need in a self defense situation? And oh yeah, I do know how to change magazines,
it adds weight too

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I own (and love) many Glocks, including the 43...Recently I bought my first Sig Sauer, a Sig P365...A great "little" gun with ab10+1 capacity... So now I'm wondering if Glock will come out with something to "match" or "beat" this Sig in terms of capacity, small size (it is smaller than a G43)?.. I mean I really like the Sig, but I'm just a "Glock Guy" and I am (almost) a thousand percent sure that the G43 will go "bang" if I need to pull the trigger.

And while (so far) the P365 hasn't failed me once, even with "cheap" plinker rounds (which cost something like ten bucks per round these days, or so it seems LOL), still psychologically "worry" every now and then that the this nice, little, comfortable Sig isn't a Glock - and hence may "hiccup" if God forbid I had to save my or my family's life with it.

Am I "worrying too much"? Is my dedication to Glocks causing me unnecessary nervousness? Or has anyone else here bought a Sig but carry a Glock cuz you "trust it more" etc etc? In a (my) perfect world, Glock would have already realized they are "behind the curve" and already announced upcoming "big news" about their upcoming "Breakthrough 12+1 mini-marvel that exceeds the competition and..." (blah etc blah).

Thoughts?
It was a LONG time lag between the introduction of the M&P Shield and the introduction of the G43 and that was with Glock owners screaming for a single stack. The Hellcat is so good that I would not beg Glock to take my money. The P365 also seems to have all the kinks ironed out too. Let Glock sit on their hands. It’s their loss.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
It was a LONG time lag between the introduction of the M&P Shield and the introduction of the G43 and that was with Glock owners screaming for a single stack. The Hellcat is so good that I would not beg Glock to take my money. The P365 also seems to have all the kinks ironed out too. Let Glock sit on their hands. It’s their loss.
True enough. After being an innovator in the beginning, Glock now seems to always be playing catch up. Of course, it hasn't seemed to hurt their sales much, so I guess that's the major consideration for them.

41 - 60 of 133 Posts