Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything similar soon??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KAYSPOP, Sep 23, 2020.

1. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

OP: 13 posts in seven+ years!? You must really be motivated by your 365 and I don't blame you; those guns have upset my apple cart as well.

I've been buying, selling and shooting Glocks since late 2004. I would have to be considered a 'fan boy' and I've also delved into other brands as well, seeking the perfect CC weapon.

I'd have to say, the P365 has also hit my sweet spot, in terms of size, capacity and shoot-ability. Now, I'm juggling my commitment to a P365 after 1,000+ rounds of reliable performance in IDPA, USPSA and BUG matches against a recent purchase: a Gen 4.23 that I've equipped with an Olight for home defense and winter carry.

With today's prices and demand, I could probably peddle the G23 for a profit and locate another P365 (with a WML) and not have to juggle cartridges, mags, holsters, etc. Simply stick with 9mm for two 365s and some .380 for my LCPII (occasional pocket carry and ankle carry).

You're on the right track, OP.

Rocks, boilergonzo and halfmoonclip like this.
  2. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I do not believe Glock is worried or will make changes. The company understands WE already own several Glocks and can chose between G26, G43, G43x, G42, G48, or G19 for carrying needs.

ECVMatt and snowbird.40 like this.

3. SusieQ

SusieQ

My P365XL grip module uses a 15-round magazine or a flush fit 12 or 10-round magazine.

The P365 grip module can also accommodate 10, 12 and 15-round magazines.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

boilergonzo and snowbird.40 like this.
  4. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

What I'm liking best about the Sig ... it's seems to be as reliable as a Glock but that smooth trigger really helps the tactile experience of the Sig compared to all the Glocks I've owned.

halfmoonclip and SusieQ like this.
  5. Terry G

Terry G

I went with the Hellcat when weighing the decision between that and the Sig 365. I probably would have been happy with either, but the Hellcat felt better and I like the sight more. We hoped for a Glock Carbine, a Glock 1911or something totally amazing from Glock. We got a 10 shot .22 ........

orangejeep06, Eero and boilergonzo like this.
  6. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I much prefer the G43 over the Sig 365. Far too much emphasis is being placed on capacity of a self defense handgun. Just how many rounds are you going to need in a self defense situation? And oh yeah, I do know how to change magazines,

7. rock_castle

rock_castle With Liberty and Justice for all.

You don't need the extra rounds.....until you do.

Aurora, 1eyedjack01, -JCN- and 3 others like this.
  8. JBP55

JBP55

Not this crap again.

9. Jbritt

Jbritt

lol. What’s it been like 15/20 years since that crap started? I actually believed it for the first couple of years.

10. SusieQ

SusieQ

For visual comparison...
    - P320 with an XCompact grip module, compact Pro-cut slide assembly and flat trigger next to a 43X
    - Same from the back
    - P320 with 10 and 21-round magazines[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jbritt likes this.
  11. SusieQ

SusieQ

I love the 43X, P365 and P320. I don't have one pair of shoes, so...

Eero, GlockyQ, boilergonzo and 4 others like this.
  12. OdinIII

OdinIII

Agreed

How many people here want to admit that their draw from concealment is 1.5 seconds or more? I promise you that if you are slower than that then you should focus on practice instead of a few more rounds in the gun. Gun handling skill may not help if you’re ever in a gunfight but those first 2 or 3 rounds need to be on time and on target if possible. The 4th round and up will almost certainly still be in the mag after it’s all over.

To the OP, I’m confident that I can perform with my G43. I would recommend you use whatever pistol you are confident with and don’t worry about having the latest and greatest designs.

GlockyQ, snowbird.40, -JCN- and 4 others like this.
  13. SusieQ

SusieQ

I practice and carry 12 to 21-round backup mags, because you never know.

snowbird.40 and rock_castle like this.
  14. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

My man you are hysterical. Imagine that! Spending a few dollars on a gun to buy aftermarket parts. Incredible! Never heard of! Preposterous! Let’s ditch the option just for that, shan’t we?

But not only your arguments are useless, your math can use some help to:

One mag for the Sig 365 is $60 from the Sig website
    One mag plus the connector will run you a whopping $67 for the first mag only obviously, the following mags will be actually cheaper. Each subsequent Shield Arms mag will cost $40, making up completely for the initial cost of the mag release.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-micro-compact-12rd-9mm-mag.html

https://shieldarms.com/magazines

Try to find some other argument to discredit the G43x, because yours work only for those who don’t pay attention.

15. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Everything I stated is factual. I find it extremely odd that you would get so triggered. Sorry it upset you so badly.

Let me help you with your math a bit. I paid $32 for 15 round OEM mags. And I didn't need any additional parts. Although the prices are inflated right now, it won't stay that way. And again, I don't need to install a part to make the mag function properly. I simply bought the mag and it was good to go as is. However, if you don't mind buying the aftermarket part to go with your aftermarket mags then by all means buy them and enjoy. I simply prefer to keep things OEM such as mags and such.

I didn't try to discredit the 43X, I simply stated a fact. That's called critical thinking. And again, I find it extremely odd that it would trigger you so badly. I wasn't even talking to you in the post you quoted. Try to calm down.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  16. SusieQ

SusieQ

Hi. Saw your post and thought you'd be interested in something I noticed recently. I tried out a Tactical Development base pad on an XL grip module 15-round mag. It was $14.50. A fully loaded magazine seems to seat just a bit easier. I'm thinking it's because the leading edge at the top of the TD base pad is a bit thinner. Anyhoo, I like it. Final mod will be a flat trigger. Original trigger is fine, but I love the flat trigger on my P320. The trigger is the only thing I'm not keen about on my 43X. Otherwise, I like it fine. I plan to keep both.

Deputydave and yep380 like this.
  17. yep380

yep380

I carry a P365 most often.

I like the G43 more.

In my mind, capacity matters.

With the P365 I’m carrying 10+1 on board and a 15 round backup mag — 26 rounds. Will I need them? I don’t know. As someone else said on another forum I visit: the only time you can have too much ammo is if you’re on fire or under water.

18. camelsfly

camelsfly Previously Lloyd Elliott

I have never thought of myself as a fan boi for any pistol but after giving it some thought and being honest with myself I have to admit it. FOR ME the P365 is the perfect CCW.
    I really dig the P365 with 12 round mag. It just fits my medium size hand so well and while some will poo poo pocket carry it works like a charm for me. I shoot it well and accurately enough.
    I have other CCW guns and appreciate each for what it is. The P365 is the only gun I have ever liked enough to want a second one and I will buy another.
    As always
    YMMV

snowbird.40, -JCN-, SusieQ and 3 others like this.
  19. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

Buy a XL module, it really makes the pistol fit your hand with less chance of riding the Slide Stop. Changing the floor plate so the mag rides flush is also a nice touch. Being able to change grip modules is a game changer,, don't get me wrong, I do like Glocks. And if I hadn't just spent so much on pistols, RMR, slide milling, and other accessories, I would try out a G43X. But with my P365 and Hellcat, I just can't justify the purchase right now. When things calm down and prices get off the ceiling, hell, a G43X might be my next "Want".

And I do not understand why some people get so heated about their personal choice? Having "Choices" is good, and does not deserve attacks. just sayin...

20. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

What you paid won’t help neither OP nor anybody else. The price from Sig is now $60, and that is the only fact everybody can verify.

So assuming the regular 3 mags people tend to buy:

1) Sig $180 which is double what you say you paid, but it is what everybody else would have to pay now.

2) Glock 43x with 3 Shield mags $147 including the mag catch.

Your point is unhelpful and as usual void.

As for telling me to calm down no worries I find your stuff entertaining but also very misleading since you always have to drive your agenda. Try to post something honest for a change.

OdinIII likes this.