Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything similar soon??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KAYSPOP, Sep 23, 2020.

1. KAYSPOP

KAYSPOP

I own (and love) many Glocks, including the 43...Recently I bought my first Sig Sauer, a Sig P365...A great "little" gun with ab10+1 capacity... So now I'm wondering if Glock will come out with something to "match" or "beat" this Sig in terms of capacity, small size (it is smaller than a G43)?.. I mean I really like the Sig, but I'm just a "Glock Guy" and I am (almost) a thousand percent sure that the G43 will go "bang" if I need to pull the trigger.

And while (so far) the P365 hasn't failed me once, even with "cheap" plinker rounds (which cost something like ten bucks per round these days, or so it seems LOL), still psychologically "worry" every now and then that the this nice, little, comfortable Sig isn't a Glock - and hence may "hiccup" if God forbid I had to save my or my family's life with it.

Am I "worrying too much"? Is my dedication to Glocks causing me unnecessary nervousness? Or has anyone else here bought a Sig but carry a Glock cuz you "trust it more" etc etc? In a (my) perfect world, Glock would have already realized they are "behind the curve" and already announced upcoming "big news" about their upcoming "Breakthrough 12+1 mini-marvel that exceeds the competition and..." (blah etc blah).

Thoughts?

snowbird.40 likes this.
  2. Pluto57

Pluto57

No, Glock isn't going to make anything to compete with the P365. And the notion that a Glock can't "hiccup" at a crucial moment is just absurd. Glocks can and do malfunction regardless of what Glock and the fanboys say.

So, if you're waiting for a factory option from Glock that competes head to head with the P365, you've got a long wait. If you don't trust the P365, sell it, and get a G43. It may not be any more reliable, but maybe you'll sleep better.

orangejeep06, Davers, 8X8 and 12 others like this.

3. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Thoughts? Buy a Hellcat.

orangejeep06, Eero, jr24 and 4 others like this.
  4. M162

M162

How about a Glock 43x with Shield Arms 15 round mags? That set-up kinda trumps the Sig 365 and the Springfield Hellcat in the way of capacity.

GreenMan0352, MCCM and -JCN- like this.
  5. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

8X8, Willard and -JCN- like this.
  6. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Will Glock make anything similar soon??

No.

No, they won't.

It's Glock.

7. jmohme

jmohme

I have no idea if Glock will make something similar or not, and do not care.

There are always people wanting Glock to do these things. Right now, its the 365. In the past it was a Glock 1911 that never happened.

I bought my Glocks for what they are, not what others bring to market.
    If they do start producing something different, I wish them success, but I am happy with my ugly but functional Glocks. Plastic sights and all!

captcurly, MCCM, mongo356 and 4 others like this.
  8. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

I had a G43 and did not care for it and sold it to a real nice young Police Officer for his Off Duty carry. I have owned a G43, G26, G33, G19, and a G17. I kept the G17 & G19. I replaced the G43 with a Hellcat at 11+1 and a 13 round backup. It has been 100% reliable and there is a 20K round torture test to prove it. It was chosen by a National Police Organization for Off Duty Carry.

That said, I recently picked up a new production 07/30/2020 P365. I have only put 73 mixed rounds of 115g ball, 124g and 147g hollow points through it without a hick-up. Many people report high round counts with new production without an issue. I like the looks of the G43X but being that big and only holding 10 rounds is an issue for me. The Shield mags offer more rounds at the expense of either changing out the mag release to metal, or have the mags eat your mag release. If you do change it, it will groove your factory Glock mags, so there is the trade off.

Not every firearm fits everyone, so in this Great Country, we have many choices. Glock is selling so many pistols as it is, there is probably no reason for them to care what SiG or Springfield has done to revolutionize the industry. Glock fan boys will defend Glock to their dying breath, which is fine. When you like and trust "Your Brand" of firearms, it is easy to be passionate about them. My G19 and G17 will never leave my collection. The G19 has an RMR and the G17 is HD and night stand duty. And yes, I DO trust my life to my Glocks!

The P365 is still being vetted, but it's bigger brother P320 XCompact has been great, fifteen round mags with 17 & 21 round mags offered for backup. I run two 21 round mags for backup.

9. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Without trying to burst your bubble too hard, Glocks have had a whole host of issues over the years. We've been discussing this very thing in another thread. In short, Glocks have had models where the slides fly off the frame during fire, ND's when double feeding i.e. the gun jams with a double feed and then fires, faulty magazines in several models, RSA issues, issues when mounted with a WML, cracking slides, cracking frames, rear sights off to one side from the factory and the infamous drunk monkey that formed all the cut-outs on the right side of the frame on early Gen 5's. They have had multiple law suits against them, quiet rolling changes to fix problems and of course the NYPD on-site armorers to fix all their problems. And that's just the issues that immediately come to mind.

In short, the reputation of 'Glock Perfection' is creative marketing hype. It's mostly a solid pistol overall but it has had major and minor issues for decades. And off course there is a very real reason for the term 'Glock leg'.

None of this is meant to dissuade you from enjoying your Glocks but to drop a little reality truth bomb for educational purposes.

Now the P365 had it's share of issues early in it's production. That's been over for a couple of years or more and through their own quiet rolling changes the pistol has become as solid as any other plastic-fantastic on the market. It is no more or no less reliable than Glock. Additionally, it offers Xray night sights standard as opposed to plastic dove tail protectors (i.e. cheap Glock standard sights). It offers the choice of a manual safety, Glock makes that decision for you. As I mention below, the P365 offers 10, 12 and 15 round OEM mag options, Glock in the G43/43X does not.

Also, no, Glock will never be able to make a Glock version of the P365 unless they redesign their magazines, which they won't be doing this century. So the 6-shot G43 is about as close as Glock is going to get.

So enjoy your P365. If it helps, I've enjoyed, taught, carried (on and off duty) Glock for decades. I have carried the P365 now for the last couple of years give-or-take. I still have Glocks in the HD role but I no longer carry any of them as there are better choices available now.

Actually, it really doesn't. The Sig P365 has OEM 10, 12 and 15 round mag options. The 43X with the Shield Arms 15 round mag requires another part to not damage the Glock i.e. metal mag release. This means you have to buy the non-OEM part and the non-OEM mag to achieve what the Sig has already had for quite some time.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  10. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

The only thing Similar to a P365 is a 43X with the S15 Mags...

The only 2 guns I carry at the moment is the P365 with the 12 rounders or the 43X with the S15 mags... everything else has been relegated to range time and home defense..

boilergonzo, -JCN- and snowbird.40 like this.
  11. Dribear

Dribear

I would buy a Hellcat, if I wasn't in liberal cali

12. Jbritt

Jbritt

I’m still waiting for the Glock Carbine. Should be any time now.

13. BMiracletx

BMiracletx

The only issue with the P365 was early striker breakage on a limited number of pistols that was isolated to improper heat treating by the vendor. This has not been an issue for quite awhile now. If you still have some doubt, then buy a machined and hardened Lightning Strike striker and put it in your 365. This is what I did to mine. I carry it now without any concern.

2 weeks ago I bought a P365XL along with two 15 round magazines... and it is still smaller then a G43X.

14. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

I don’t think Glock can make a pistol that malfunctions....

15. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

Hellcats feel so much better in the hand than a P365.

43x feels fantastic in the hand and much better than the P365.

43x>Hellcat>P365

Terry G likes this.
  16. PolymerWonder

PolymerWonder

OP - Glocks are not perfect or 100% reliable, just like every other modern pistol.

The P365 is an excellent pistol. Don’t create a problem in your head that doesn’t exist. If the p365 fails you, then worry about it.

17. rock_castle

My Hellcat definitely feels better in my hand than my P365. I like the P365 trigger better though. I wasn't a fan of the Hellcat sights until I replaced them with a set of Night Fisions. Now I like the Hellcat sights better. The Sig mags are pricey. Both guns have been extremely reliable and my P365 was a very early version.

18. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

Really? I love the u notch, hi vis front on the Hellcat.

Sadly haven't gotten to shoot either one yet.

19. rock_castle

Was not a fan of the U notch. I think the Sig might have slightly less recoil. Might be the recoil springs.

20. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

The Hellcat feels great in my hands, more grip to grab. But the XL module on my P365 fits my hand perfect. The Hellcat sights are my all time favorite, including Trijicon HD's. With the XL module I carry 12+1 and a 15 round "Factory" backup. I do not think you can go wrong with either pistol. The redesigned striker on the P365 adds more beef to the tip. With the Flat trigger upgrade I really like the P365, same as on my P320 XCompact.