Sig P365 mags are $40 .. Why?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by doktarZues, Mar 28, 2020.

1. pstmstr

pstmstr

Got 3 10 round factory mags from eBay for $79 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Caver 60

Caver 60

Two mags came with the pistol, and I've got 6 more 12 rounders and one extra 10 round one. Whats 280 bucks compared to the cost of the pistol and ammo?

My absolute minimum for any pistol or magazine fed firearm is 6. Most of my firearms have more mags than that. A quality firearm will last several lifetimes. Hear that grandkids?

Any magazine fed firearm without a magazine, is at best a single shot. Then, not even a good club after firing that one shot. 50 or 75 years from now, magazines for any given firearm may be difficult or impossible to find.

So why not buy mags? I'll get more 365 mags later when the price drops. I may even get another 365? One for each hand. Like Bruce Willis in that movie. Ha ha.

I've already doubled or tripled up on several pistols that I own.

chemboy likes this.

3. CBennett

CBennett

Yup same deal with my Ruger SR9c mags...right about $40 a pop for 10 rounders. I did order one for carry in NY. But I was like $40 why??

4. Jonbob

Jonbob

The cost of the gun is actually pretty good considering what you get. I paid 500 for a reliable concealed carry with night sights. The mags are also obviously more complex than your old school 226 mag. More bends in the metal and a newer design. My cz p09 mags are a similar style and they also cost 40 bucks. Like some others have said, you are partially paying for the r and d to make the mag.

Caver 60, gh1138 and chemboy like this.