Sig P365 mags are $40 .. Why?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by doktarZues, Mar 28, 2020.

1. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Yep, Sig and H&K mags are pricey. What I don't get is why the hell Ruger SR-22 mags are $29-30 bucks. It's a Ruger .22 for Christ's sake.

2. gwes351

gwes351

As others have pointed out, if you shop around you can find P365 mags cheaper - low to mind $30's range if you are patient. I've bought a few over the last 18 months and have what I need for now (12). After testing most of them, I segregate some for practice, and others for carry that do not get heavy use (not as heavy as practice mags). Then there's a few others that are stashed away new. It's just me and what I'm comfortable with

3. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

^ this :flag:

boilergonzo and Intolerant like this.
  4. Dynactus

Dynactus

I wonder if Sig mags are cheaper in every other country except America, like pharmaceuticals are. Probably, but the real reason is because they can charge that much, and people will pay that much. Still, it's a nice pistol, not a Glock, but a nice pistol.

5. tomrkba

tomrkba

A gun shop guy I know stated that SIG has become arrogant and hard to deal with. They don't even send the right product ordered; mostly it seems random.

doktarZues likes this.
  6. Intolerant

Intolerant

Wanna play your gonna pay. Thats the price of admission. Buy once cry once.

And right now is not the time to be trying to buy already high priced mags. I`ve never paid more than $28 for mine when the opportunity knocked. Osage had some good deals once in awhile before the panic hit. It is what it is.

You can check this link from time to time for deals. Or just wait it out for when the panic is over.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/798681583621
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/P365 mag

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    doktarZues and Jeff S. like this.
  7. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

It's a Sig...... Everything from Sig is expensive minus their drop-safe equipment on the 365
    Jab jab lol

doktarZues likes this.
  8. gh1138

gh1138 Silver Member

I've had great luck with Mec-Gar mags for both Sig and CZs. Numerous mags for both P226 and CZ75/Shadow 2. I've read on forums such as this that Mec-Gar makes CZ's factory mags. Not sure if that's true, but I prefer the Mec-Gar mags to those that came with my CZs and P226s.

EDIT to add: If only Mec-Gar made P365 mags!

Intolerant likes this.
  9. zaitcev

zaitcev

I agree that $40 per magazine is expensive, although it cannot be surprising: P320 magazines are priced in the same ballpark. I would not expect P365 magazines to be any cheaper.

Either way, why not give Promag a try for the range? Generally their magazines are not as reliable as the OEM magazines, but one can keep a couple of SIG magazines for carrying and use Promag when training.
    https://promagindustries.com/sig-sauer-p365-9mm-12-rd-blue-steel/

doktarZues likes this.
  10. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

Scan TacSwap and forums for lightly used 10 & 12 rounders. I've not paid more than $30 shipped.

doktarZues likes this.
  11. yep380

yep380

Appreciate the heads up that p365 pro mags are coming out. It doesn’t look like they’re available yet (and the pic I found of one on ctd doesn’t look accurate).

While my feeling is promags are generally not good, I do have a 10rd promag for my g43 that had been 100% reliable (range ammo and range use only).

Hopefully the ProMag p365 mags are good for the range.

Intolerant, doktarZues and Sharkey like this.
  12. Sharkey

Sharkey

Also, Kahr mags are $29. I guess that is why I don't own the P365. I already have 4 Kahrs and that is a lot of cash in magazines and my G26 is perfectly adequate.

doktarZues likes this.
  13. tango44

tango44

The 12 rounders cost $40 since the first day they came out!

Caver 60, Intolerant and doktarZues like this.
  14. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Right now is a bad time to be magazine shopping. With all the panic buying going on, there probably aren't many bargains to be found.

But before the craziness, mags could be found for well under $40 if you shopped around.

boilergonzo and Intolerant like this.
  15. Retiredguns

Retiredguns

I got highly polished, high quality Hellcat mags at Grabagun for $20.09. While I had a 365, I winced at buying mags.

glocker1 likes this.
  16. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

You don't have to buy the mags so quite whining!

17. DAKA

DAKA

There is a post for that B******G and Complaining...

18. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

19. doktarZues

doktarZues

Thank you Spanky Helperton from the peanut gallery, great call and input. I was tongue in cheek "whining." The point of the thread is genuine curiosity - do they legit cost that much, or do they just charge that much? Regardless, there is merit in the discussion as it may help drive people toward one platform or the other. For example, had I read this thread before I purchased the P365, it may have caused me to reflect and consider more. (I knew the mags were "expensive" - but when I had my eyes bugging and credit card in card it didn't occur to me it was going to cost me about $200 to get the amount of minimum mags I like to have for my guns). One post in this thread mentioned Hellcat mags can be had for the $20 range.. Had I realized that, maybe I would have went in that direction. Shrug.

I guess I've just been spoiled most of my shooting life by being a mostly Glock and Beretta guy.

But hey man, thanks again for your contribution.

gh1138 likes this.
  20. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

1. Yes, they are making money, and that is the goal of a for-profit company.
    2. No, it may cost more to make a metal mag and use third party mfg for some mags (Mecgar), so they likely do have more costs built in.
    3. No, it is likely they were designed in New Hampshire, so blame New England taxes, if anything!
    4. Supply/Demand/Free Markets. It has features and benefits for $35 that a $21 Glock magazine doesn't have (far higher capacity in a smaller size). If Glock (or someone, like the Hellcat) matches it, then we have more competition which may pull prices down. Bit I don't expect SIG to be as cheap as Glock, EVER! Sig isn't, and H&K is even more pricey! I always know I will spend more for their metal mags than inexpensive Glock mags, just as I know tires and oil changes cost more for some vehicles than others. I don't like it, but it is something I know going in, and choose to accept or reject.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    gh1138 and Intolerant like this.