Glock Talk banner

Sig P322 in Sigs Repair

1591 Views 33 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  pgg00
My Sig just was failing to fire much too often and then had failures to feed. It kept getting worse so back it went. I really like the gun and hope Sig can repair it. Sorry to say, it looks like the pistol has design issues. Far too many owners describing like problems. We'll see. My first Sig and I was late finding out Sigs track record with .22's is not great.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
  • Angry
Reactions: Para-bellum
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
39,768 Posts
Well, making a consistently reliable .22LR pistol is rather a challenge and an engineering acid test for any pistol maker. Not only regarding the pistol's functioning, but the magazine, as well.

One of the issues beyond the control of any gun maker is the quality of the ammunition being used, too, and .22LR ammunition power levels and general QC can be interesting and unpredictable. Some .22LR pistols can decide to be fussy in their appetite.

Luck.

· Premium Member
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I notice the TX22 below it, how does it run?
I have two and they shoot almost perfectly with the occasional dud .22 that's something we all live with. I did a side by side with the P322 and TX22 and six different types of .22's and the TX shot all of them with no malfunctions. The Sig malfunctioned more than once per magazine.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Gun barrel

· Registered
903 Posts
My Sig just was failing to fire much too often and then had failures to feed. It kept getting worse so back it went. I really like the gun and hope Sig can repair it. Sorry to say, it looks like the pistol has design issues. Far too many owners describing like problems. We'll see. My first Sig and I was late finding out Sigs track record with .22's is not great. View attachment 1136921
i had trouble with my 322. light strikes, mainly with Aguila. i did the spacer fix on the hammer spring. haven't had a light strike since. i hate to say this but, my Taurus TX has been a better more reliable gun over the Sig.

· Premium Member
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many rounds through your P322? Mine has been great, but I'm only around 250 rounds so far.
Just short of 500. It's never been what you would call 100%. Best I got was 60 rounds of CCI HV and Golden Bullet without a malfunction. At about 400 rounds it started malfunctioning every magazine. I'm no beginner with .22 handguns. It's the gun.

· Registered
864 Posts
Just short of 500. It's never been what you would call 100%. Best I got was 60 rounds of CCI HV and Golden Bullet without a malfunction. At about 400 rounds it started malfunctioning every magazine. I'm no beginner with .22 handguns. It's the gun.
I've run CCI Standard Velocity and Remington Viper through mine. I think I had a malfunction or two in the first few mags and none since. I clean mine after each range trip of around 100 rounds each. Hopefully it stays reliable. My whole reason for getting it were the glowing reviews it got early on.

My P365XL has been about the same. One or two times early on where it didn't lock the slide back after the last round and it's been perfect since. My wife's G44 has actually been near 100% perfect after more than 2000 rounds. I think I've counted two malfunctions total since new.

· Registered
787 Posts
I guess I’ve been lucky with my P322. It eats every type of ammo I’ve fed it. My TX22, MKIV’s, Victory and a few other 22’s choke on Winchester Wildcats. The Sig eats it up like candy. 6K+ rounds and it just keeps going. Probably my most reliable 22 pistol.

· Premium Member
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess I’ve been lucky with my P322. It eats every type of ammo I’ve fed it. My TX22, MKIV’s, Victory and a few other 22’s choke on Winchester Wildcats. The Sig eats it up like candy. 6K+ rounds and it just keeps going. Probably my most reliable 22 pistol.
Wish I could say the same. I really cleaned it and the magazines. No help. I really like the gun and hope Sig can fix what ails it. Checking other Forums it seems like a lot of owners are having identical problems. A bit strange to have two Taurus TX22's that have minimal problems, always ammunition related and a Sig that doesn't cut it.

· Registered
196 Posts
My P322 got back from sig last Friday, but haven't had chance to shoot it again. Went back after 320 rds and multiple failure to feed, fire, extract (couple of stovepipes), and extensive barrel lead fouling - including the feed ramp "shaving" the bullets being loaded (this with 3 different ammo - including cci mini mag). repair sheet said they replaced barrel and mainspring.

· Just lack finishing up
6,353 Posts
When first announced I bought a couple P322 mags. I was thinking that I'd buy one after the intro and hopefully at a cheaper price. Glad I waited. Lots of mixed reviews on this pistol. Hopefully Sig will work it out. I'd still like one if its reliable.

· Registered
202 Posts
I’ve got both versions of the TX and the P322, they both had issues that needed to be addressed by the manufacturer but both are great now. In my experience I’d say they’re very comparable with the Sig having a few advantages over the standard TX. They’re both equally very reliable .22s

· Registered
205 Posts
OP: sorry to hear about your troubles with the P322. Hopefully Sig will get it sorted out.

Just FYI in case it helps anyone: The P322 mags have to be loaded very carefully to help avoid FTF issues.

I have a buddy with one who was getting multiple FTFs with each mag. He was just pulling down on the follower tabs and dropping rounds in like you do with most any other .22 mag. I showed him the video below, and it cured his FTF issues.

P322 proper magazine loading

Good luck with your Sig! I've got one and it's been great. No issues in 300-400 rounds.

Eric

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Love my Mark IV and was thinking about a high cap 22LR like a 322 and I understand YMMV but not sure I got the warm and fuzzies from this thread. Unfortunately the G44 falls shy of the TX or 322
I was unsure of which to purchase myself...so I went with the TX22 on sale for $269.

What a great surprise.!

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

This gun runs all the ammo I've tried for far. CCI standard, Aguila standard and various other target vel ammo.

I've only run about 400 rounds thru mine, but the barrel is shiny and clean.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts