Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda wanting a Sig and seemed to have come across a really good deal on one... I'm eyeing a P229 w/ nitesights already installed with 3 15round mags for $599.00. From what I've read, the Sig P229 in 9mm comes factory 13round mags. I'm assuming the buffer pads on the mags make them +2 capable. I have a G19 and G26 in 9mm, but kinds wanting the Sig for "bragging rights":tongueout:! Do you think its a good deal. It's in 95% condition w/o the box.. Only the gun and 3 mags... Do you think I should pull the trigger on this one? :dunno:

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Not bad, I say go for it. Mec-Gar manufactures the 13 round and, the 15 round Sig 228/229 magazines for Sig. They can have "Sig Sauer" stamped on them or Mec-Gar. There is no difference(except the price) and, yes the 15 round mags are harder to find.

·
Registered
16,715 Posts
Field strip it and look at the frame rails. If they are solid black then go for it. If not the previous owner ran it dry or poorly lubed. Any dull white on the frame rails put it down and walk away.

The P229 is a great gun, you will like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.