·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Deleted.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts

Finally the local shop received a couple of P227's that I got to put into my hands and take one home. This is Sigs new SA/DA model .45cal packed with two double-stacked mags allowing 10+1 capacity. Fourteen round mags will become available later.

This Sig also sports the one-piece polymer grips with the texture of shark skin. The ergonomics match my grip and some folks describe it as a cross between the P226 and P220. It's cleaned, lubed and ready for a trail run.

Congrats!

Cool. Awaiting your trail run-and-shoot report.:rofl:
:tongueout:

·
Old Coot
1,261 Posts
A pic of a new Sig is much like taking your Sig to the range; each shot is much like the one before.

...and that's a good thing.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Oh man...congrats, willieH! I've got an order in for one (SAS model) and am just chomping at the bit to get my mitts on one. Looking forward to your range report.

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
I'll be waiting until after the recalls to get mine but it looks promising. :supergrin:

The grip looks a little on the fat side though. :crying:

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Very nice. I am hoping to see one locally so I can handle it.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the comments. Ammo for the .45 is usually sitting on the shelves at Mr. Walton's store and I hope to take a few boxes to the range tomorrow. I'll bring along a P220 to compare with the P227.

I'll be waiting until after the recalls to get mine but it looks promising. :supergrin:

The grip looks a little on the fat side though. :crying:
I checked Sig Sauer's web page and didn't see anything regarding a recall for this gun. Where are you getting this information?

I was surprised of how wide the back strap appears in the photo. Holding the gun feels very comfortable, especially with the trigger guard undercut.

·
SEMPER FIDELIS
1,014 Posts
Congrats, lets us know your impressions after the range time. The grip does look huge though

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Congrats!:cool:

Let us know how it shoots.

·
is not cool.
3,016 Posts
Congrats, I'm very interested in the P227. I don't think the grip looks unacceptably fat for a double-stack .45, can't wait to see one locally.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats, I'm very interested in the P227. I don't think the grip looks unacceptably fat for a double-stack .45, can't wait to see one locally.
To tell the truth, if I would have seen the grip photos prior to buying the gun I might have passed on it. The grip of the P227 is deceptively ergonomic. In comparison, a Glock G20SF 10mm is slightly thinner but the Sig feels more comfortable and better balanced. I'll see if any of this really matters when I use the gun, hopefully later today.

·
non-believer
1,937 Posts
I am really liking the look of this. Just when I think ok that's it I have every handgun I need they go ahead and come out with something like this.

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Congrats, I was interested in the P227, but the grip looks fat for a double-stack .45, or a least for me, I'll wait to see one locally, I have a 220.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
That grip looks monsterous in the comparisons. My hands are too small for a 228 unless it has the thinner trigger.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
For those who think its fat just by the looks, just find one and try it. I have small hands like a little girl and the grip felt amazing to me

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Congrats, it's a fine double stack Sig 45 ACP, I was able to fondle one at the NRA convention and it felt really great in the hands. I would not mind adding one to my arsenal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts