Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I have been sorely tempted a few times to pick one up.

But, ultimately, it won't be more accurate than my RIA 10mm (not even semi customs are, in my hands) and I just like 1911s better.

Yet, I still remain tempted :)

Edit: I should mention I shot a 220 SAO legion in .45 and it's VERY nice, maybe even a better fit for me than my 226 Legion SAO (which I adore).

Reactions: Current Resident

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
JR24 thats a very honest reply

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been sorely tempted a few times to pick one up.

But, ultimately, it won't be more accurate than my RIA 10mm (not even semi customs are, in my hands) and I just like 1911s better.

Yet, I still remain tempted :)

Edit: I should mention I shot a 220 SAO legion in .45 and it's VERY nice, maybe even a better fit for me than my 226 Legion SAO (which I adore).
I have a 220 Stainless Elite in .45 ACP and it is easily one of my favorite pistols. The fit and finish is similar to a high end 1911 in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I have a 220 Stainless Elite in .45 ACP and it is easily one of my favorite pistols. The fit and finish is similar to a high end 1911 in my opinion.
The triggers are just not as good as even mid range 1911s in my hands, much as I wish they were.

And fit and finish even on Elite and Legion don't approach a Wilson or Nighthawk, it's just not close.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had one. Definitely has a heavy build so should stand up well. I really wanted to like it but the trigger was just ok. Maybe it could have broken in over time or i could have swapped it out for an aftermarket, but I had other 10mms I liked more. The SA trigger on the SA/DA 220 Legion is nicer. Still i'd consider another down the road if i found it for a deal.

·
Registered
126,340 Posts
I disagree. The semi custom 1911's from the major shops are well beyond anything Sig mass produces in the States from a fit and finish standpoint, in my opinion.

·
Registered
126,340 Posts
The triggers are just not as good as even mid range 1911s in my hands, much as I wish they were.

And fit and finish even on Elite and Legion don't approach a Wilson or Nighthawk, it's just not close.
I agree. The P220 that does in my opinion, is the P220S from Germany. Here's a couple used models in decent shape on Gunbroker. Awesome pistols from the Sig Sauer Mastershop. All steel.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866159008

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866159037

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
You have my permission.....

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Still haven't bitten on 10mm yet. One of those things I've been meaning to get to.

But I think, for me, if I was going with a SIG, I'd get the DA/SA version. If I'm going 10mm SA, it would be a 1911.

I've handled both SIG models, haven't fired them, but I too like the all steel construction. They seemed like nice pistols to me.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This will be my first 10mm so I'm thinking I'm better off with the SIG rather than a 1911 as some 1911's are finiky about ammunition. SIGs in my experience just work period. If I was going to go 1911 I'd go with a DW Razorback 10mm. Thanks for the advice on sticking with the DA/SA.

·
Registered
126,340 Posts
This will be my first 10mm so I'm thinking I'm better off with the SIG rather than a 1911 as some 1911's are finiky about ammunition. SIGs in my experience just work period. If I was going to go 1911 I'd go with a DW Razorback 10mm. Thanks for the advice on sticking with the DA/SA.
Sounds like a plan.

Good luck with your purchase

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Solid logic, I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.

I also see they added the stainless frame to the 10mm, smart, should tame the beast some.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts

·
Registered
126,340 Posts
I want! I have a West German Sig 220, just a regular one. It is a fantastic gun, the trigger and accuracy blew away my modern 220. This gun would be awesome IMO.
They are great shooters, bunk. There are a couple on Gunbroker right now in decent shape for reasonable prices.

I also like the WG models. I’ve got a couple 9mms

1 - 20 of 32 Posts