Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the difference or any negatives with a gen 2 frame from sig. I found a p220 that interested me but it stated it was built on a gen 2 frame? I'm not aware of this type of frame. I am also considering a P220 Stainless and or a stainless Elite as well. These are the choices I have been looking at. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
304 Posts
As far as I know, and I could be wrong, the 2nd generation frame is the frame with the rail. If that is the case then I have had 220's with both frames and I can see no other differences. I have also had 226 in both frames, no other difference that I can see.

I just did a little searching and some people on guns america are selling sig 239's as being built on 2nd generation frames, they are stating that these guns have a carry melt treatment to all the corners of the frames...this could be it but I still see no real difference.

· Registered
8,223 Posts
Some of the Gen 2s have the melt treatment. I don't think any of the Gen 2s have the rail.

· Registered
2,395 Posts
The P220's are still using the older style spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.