Sig P 320

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Booner270, May 15, 2018.

1. Booner270

Booner270 NRA supporter.

pretty certain I’m buying one this week. It’s between that or the fn509. On the sig how will I know I’m getting the newest gen2 version? What to look for? Title supposed to be P 320. I guess auto correct got me. Now fixed.

2. kyjd75

kyjd75

I've shot one at my local gun range. Nice shooting pistol. I am so heavily invested in Glocks that I don't know that I would buy one, although I did buy a Sig P365 for my wife, but that is a different weapon and another story.

3. collim1

collim1 Because Alexa said so!

The trigger in the upgraded models is noticeably thinner/less mass. There is also a groove milled out of the slide next to the the striker for the out of battery safety.

A quick google search will show several side by side comparisons. All the new guns should be the new model. Used guns or new old stock guns will need to be sent in to be upgraded.

I got mine back in about two weeks, and Sig paid shipping both ways.

4. Booner270

Booner270 NRA supporter.

5. bac1023

bac1023

You like it better than the FN?

6. hardluk1

hardluk1

I have shot the fns and a few other brands when looking to buy a new carry pistol and just don't like there striker fired pistols . I have since fired a FN509 and a cz p-10 and I still comfortable with my primary carry choice .

I not a sig guy or any other brand fan as I have 8 brands of handguns My EDC has been a p320c for 3.5 years with about 4300 rounds fired and has been 100% reliable before and after the upgrade . I changed to a small compact grip module about 2.5 years ago to give me a thinner concealed carry . The medium was good for shooting but a little wide for CC . The small is a little skinny and offers a short reach but its a good compromise for me . I also have a s&w 669 and a colt lw commander that get some carry time .

My P320 went in for the upgrade over Christmas break and time gone was only 9 days and came back with a better, smoother and lighter than original trigger pull . I'm pleased with it . Good defensive trigger . I have glock 19 gen 5 too but don't carry it do to grip angle . MY colt , sig and s&w use the same grip angle .

Photos in link below will show the difference in gen 1 stock and upgraded models -
    http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/214833-p320-upgrade-pictures.html

7. pblanc

pblanc

A quick look at the trigger will tell you whether the P320 has undergone the "voluntary upgrade" or whether it was produced after the upgrade modifications. If the pistol is new production, the "pocket" milled for the head of the disconnector at the rear end of the right underside of the slide will be finished. If the pistol was modified after production, the pocket will be unfinished stainless steel.

I have two P320s which I have owned for years now and apart from having to send them back for the upgrade process, they have given me no trouble. I have shot some FN FNS pistols. My impression is that they are OK but I dislike the flat sided grip and find the grip texture too aggressive. The FN striker-fired trigger is so-so IMO. I prefer the P320 by a considerable margin. I find the medium sized grip modules very comfortable and just about perfect for my hand size.